City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

No. But maybe they should tell all clubs that in 2023/24 season (ie next season) these new rules will be brought in thus giving all other clubs the chance to do what Chelsea have done with no repercussions

However, using your comments - back in 2012ish UEFA had no qualms moving the goalposts to enable them to “investigate” City re wages & our accounts AFTER they had told us we would be within the new rules. The result was we fell foul of new rules AFTER they had been brought in & we all know what followed. So, whilst I don’t condone UEFA’s inability to run the game fairly, I just want consistency in their decisions
They weren't 'new' rules though from memory, they 'clarified' the meaning which caused us to fail.

They weren't 'new' rules though from memory, they 'clarified' the meaning which caused us to fail.
From what I remember reading at the time, we had been reassured that we were within the rules but they then changed the boundaries. - sure someone on here ITK could clarify

So what you are saying is that even though Chelsea haven’t broken any rules as they stand, because FIFA are changing the rules now they should go back and punish Chelsea cause they didn’t have a crystal ball and weren’t aware that the rules would change in the future ???

Genius !!
UEFA did exactly that to us in 2014 by changing the mitigation rules after we had submitted our accounts.

From what I remember reading at the time, we had been reassured that we were within the rules but they then changed the boundaries. - sure someone on here ITK could clarify
I remember that all clubs were given a 'toolkit' with guidelines to work out if they were within FFP. We interpreted a part of them to mean we could exclude wages from a certain date and put the results in to them. They decided that we'd misinterpreted it and instead of coming back to us just failed us.

And a few clubs want to destroy it for their own agenda.

Football has never been better, City, Leicester, Arsenal (Maybe), lfc (Did they?), Chelsea, Utd have all won the PL since "Dirty oil money" came flowing in. Newcastle soon too.

It beats the days when it was ONLY utd or arsenal, for over a decade.

I think Fergie and united won it 7 times in 9 years ? nobody said it was bad for the league

I remember that all clubs were given a 'toolkit' with guidelines to work out if they were within FFP. We interpreted a part of them to mean we could exclude wages from a certain date and put the results in to them. They decided that we'd misinterpreted it and instead of coming back to us just failed us.
They changed this toolkit after City submitted our accounts, and therefore we failed. It was simply a trap.

There was an example of how you could comply in the first toolkit.

Exactly the same example was considered a fail in the second toolkit (put out shortly after we released our accounts iirc).

So what you are saying is that even though Chelsea haven’t broken any rules as they stand, because FIFA are changing the rules now they should go back and punish Chelsea cause they didn’t have a crystal ball and weren’t aware that the rules would change in the future ???

Genius !!

Well they did change the ffp rules against us where we were geared for one set of rules that would of had us clear they changed them just before we gave them our accounts to look at! Guess what we failed we were fined 50m and had to play in Europe with a weaker squad!

I think Fergie and united won it 7 times in 9 years ? nobody said it was bad for the league

Might as well be Celtic hahaha all them 13 titles won was not by united, but it was Celtic because it was truly a shit league

So instead of interpreting it ... why didn't we ask for clarification?

I can probably guess why

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.