PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The UEFA case had certain issues 'time barred, also the illegally obtained evidence like hacked emails were inadmissible. This won't be the case with the PL case.
The hacked emails are irrelevant as we showed UEFA and CAS the original emails and it was agreed that they were real and the two that had been edited together hadn't had their meaning changed by the editing Der Spiegel/Pinto did to them.
There is literally no smoking gun in the emails or the time barred stuff most likely.

I think Mr Khaldoon will discuss it with Sheikh M who will then advise him as to what course of action should be taken.
I am mindful that our owner likes low profile steady growth knowing full well he was not welcome from day 1.
He is a financial investor so unless his investment is severely threatened he is unlikely to change his stance.

Obviously just an opinion.
I would say Khaldoon will be the one advising, he is the man.

Just watched Sly sports news for the first time since the news yesterday, and it feels like they are being very careful with their wording on everything they say on the matter, obviously it was two sly employees in Kaveh Solhekol and that rag whatshername? talking, but it seems like there’s been an enormous shift from yesterdays celebrations (that I’d read on ere) the word allegedly is over used, sympathy for the players & staff finding out that way, no titles at stake, and they where talking really slow & trying to remain word perfect, It seems they’re giving others carte Blanche to say what they want but have definitely reigned in their own staff, our win at CAS has definitely got them worried

That's not going to happen, but the club need to wise up on the fact this is a PR battle just as much as a legal one, and they should be putting out something more substantial than yesterday's statement.

It's very noticeable how many journalists are getting steered by, or off the record comment from, other clubs. City can't let their opposition be the only voice filling the news void that's going to exist for the next 6 months.

City have to keep their powder dry and say nothing if they feel they are confident of being exonerated. Anything in the public domain via our directors, manager, players, staff etc will be picked up on as prejudicing the case. The premier leagues opening gambit of briefing journalists before the club was informed is throwing meat to our legal team. Say nothing until they are all crying on Sky sports news after the verdict is announced. Then go after everyone with a scorched earth policy.

Just in SSN that many Premier League teams want us kicked out of the League. Of course they do, that's a Champions League place going elsewhere, a Europa League place, (and the other tin pot comp) and a relegation place saved. It's no coincidence these charges are brought when every single team in the league has a vested interest in us being relegated.

Just seen that. Is this bollocks below true? If so prepare for everyone looking to fuck us over.

“The Premier League's most severe punishment in these circumstances would be to expel City and it has been reported that the English Football League would be under no obligation to accept them.”

I think Mr Khaldoon will discuss it with Sheikh M who will then advise him as to what course of action should be taken.
I am mindful that our owner likes low profile steady growth knowing full well he was not welcome from day 1.
He is a financial investor so unless his investment is severely threatened he is unlikely to change his stance.

Obviously just an opinion.
Yeah, agree, which why smashing up the PL would make no sense to him as he's earning a packet out of it.

We are not going on the offensive any time soon would be my guess. What he does need, to protect his investment, is to defend the charges robustly

TH to ask an obvious question why does this keep happening to us?
I really thought the UEFA case would be the last one and everyone was relieved when we won, now it's this
It's really draining
Richest-Football-Clubs.jpg

There is your answer

City have to keep their powder dry and say nothing if they feel they are confident of being exonerated. Anything in the public domain via our directors, manager, players, staff etc will be picked up on as prejudicing the case. The premier leagues opening gambit of briefing journalists before the club was informed is throwing meat to our legal team. Say nothing until they are all crying on Sky sports news after the verdict is announced. Then go after everyone with a scorched earth policy.

This is 100% bollocks, sorry.

I could point to the obvicous fact that club directors and the manager made public statements before the CAS case as proof, or the fact that CAS proved it's almost impossible to prove stuff is being leaked to journalists, or the fact there was no "going after everyone with a scorched earth policy" post CAS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.