The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Going to the Etihad is playing sardines with total strangers. Coming home I have started using Central Park Tram station. The East Disbury line passes with 12 minutes of my house.
Oh that's interesting - hadn't realised the East Didsbury tram ran that way - that does look like an option if I start to park at East Didsbury more often. The timetable claims that the last tram is late enough to cope with an evening kick off - is that your experience?

MCFC seem very quiet on this issue.
I cannot believe they or the Arena team have had no discussion with the Council.
City Matters reps ?
it would be good to know what discussions have taken place (if any ? )
As usual the silence is deafening …..

Riverpark Rd there is not one resident, so match days it will just be completely empty.

It's complete and utter madness removing the on-street parking from Riverpark Road, totally unjustifiable, any vehicle that currently parks on Riverpark Road on a matchday or on a none matchday does not create a problem or any issues for any resident/business or other road using.

Last edited:
Does it include Kay Street, too?

It's about a ten minute walk back over the furthest Ashton Road and a straight drive down to the Mancunian Way.

Parked there for years but needing to get there earlier and earlier because Manchester Haulage keep parking their fucking wagons all over the pavements.

I see both sides. I live near Old Trafford cricket ground and within walking distance of Old Toilet. Match days are a nightmare for resident parking. Across from me is a narrow side road which is permit only. Both sets of fans ignore the restrictions and park both sides of the road. There does not seem to be any enforcement.
I am not sure how an ambulance or fire engine would ever get down there in an emergency. Maybe MCC will ignore the new restrictions after an initial period. Of course, the difference is that Trafford Council love the rags and Lancs. I hate them both.
Going to the Etihad is playing sardines with total strangers. Coming home I have started using Central Park Tram station. The East Disbury line passes with 12 minutes of my house.
Stretford Blue here too, so I do sympathise with the residents near the Etihad. But for me our situation is different because a) they want to drag non-residential streets into the restriction and b) the tram service to the Etihad is worse than the one to the Swamp.

FWIW Trafford Council were doing a consultation on 'Your experiences of life in Ragtown' because of issues in the area with them. It's closed now but I contributed. Worth keeping an eye if they are seeking more opinion as that situation near yours sounds v risky and you should let them know.

Personally I don't have too much mither with United fans passing through - I just want Trafford to do a better job of keeping the area clean with so many events in the area.

Oh that's interesting - hadn't realised the East Didsbury tram ran that way - that does look like an option if I start to park at East Didsbury more often. The timetable claims that the last tram is late enough to cope with an evening kick off - is that your experience?
I have not used it for a night game as I am usually working. It does say 11.24 is the last tram so you should be fine. It is about an half hour walk. I get off at Firswood. The station is in a good area and there is plenty of street parking. It is about 10+ mins from the M60

The ground normally empties on the 83rd minute mark.
i reckon that will change to the 75th.
i wonder if city might sell match day tickets for the first half only

Complaint lodged.

Looking like next season it's a drive from the coast to the tram car park nr the old Roxy, tram to Central Park, walk to the ground, hope it's not pissing down either way as I'll not be able to get a brolly into SS3 and return.

Fucking shit show by the Council.
Did that for the Chelsea cup game. 40 minute walk for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.