The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Anyone got contact details for the MCFC Official Clayton Conny Supporters Club?...., looks like all of the unrestricted parking that the members currently have access to on Clayton Lane and on the New Road on a matchday is going to disappear, be good if somebody give give them the heads up.

Clayton Conny Club are in a bad place financially, given their need for matchday income, the loss of parking could mean it's end unfortunately Barney

The ground normally empties on the 83rd minute mark.
i reckon that will change to the 75th.
i wonder if city might sell match day tickets for the first half only
Not the way we play in 1st half’s they won’t sell many

Clayton Conny Club are in a bad place financially, given their need for matchday income, the loss of parking could mean it's end unfortunately Barney
Just for a second I mis-read this post as Clayton Cunny Club.
I was going to ask for membership details, I would be quite happy to miss a few City games and spend a bit of time and money in the Cunny Club !!!

I think the main argument, apart from inadequate public transport, is that removing all the parking in industrial areas will just displace parking into residential areas outside the zone. Plus, if more cars do go in car parks, it will just take longer to clear the roads after games, to the further inconvenience of residents and disruption of bus services.

Why could it not be turned into a commercial entity and generate some money for what is a relatively low income area. if you want to street park you pay say £100 per season for a street pass so you can park your car there, then split it between the residents or take it off their council tax. why they make it more difficult for people and then supply shit public transport is beyond me.
Any local with a parking permit or free driveway can list their parking space on a site like parking.com or justpark (whatever the current names are) and make a few bob from the driving punters.
I've been using such sites for trips to Wembley since 2011.
I'm well aware this doesn't help those who currently park for free.

I'd love to see a pin map of where every person lives that has a season ticket. I think the club or the council are nowhere near smart enough with how they handle exiting traffic. You could put 10 coaches pointing south from Nexen Brigde to Belle Vue, and redirect them to Heatons/Cheadle/Burnage/Fallowfield/Withington/Didsbury and Chorlton.
And line up others to go north towards Cheetham Hill, that would then branch off towards North Manchester/Salford etc. Make them reliable affordable, by allowing booking of a seat via an app. We'd be on the right track.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.