The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Well at least we have a brilliant public transport system in Greater Manchester to pick up the slack, right?

Imagine if we extend the North Stand too. an extra 6k fans, with even fewer parking options.

I wonder how we're all magic ourselves to the Etihad going forward.

I think the main argument, apart from inadequate public transport, is that removing all the parking in industrial areas will just displace parking into residential areas outside the zone. Plus, if more cars do go in car parks, it will just take longer to clear the roads after games, to the further inconvenience of residents and disruption of bus services.

I think the other issue is that most of the main car parks are already full as it is. We park at one just the other side of the canal towards Oldham Road and that's rammed every game. Take all the cars that are parked on the roads near there and try to put them in as well and you'll need to be arriving about 3 hours before kick off to get in!

An ex-girlfriend of mine lives in one of these areas and it’s a nightmare for residents on matchdays so when the arena opens it would be a nightmare for residents five nights or more a week so I can see why they’re doing it.

But if they’re doing this, public transport to Etihad Campus needs to drastically improve!

The frequency of Mets post-game is a fucking joke. Three times this season I’ve waited nearly half an hour after reaching the platform before a Met to Town has shown up. That’s utterly pathetic. You get a more frequent Met service in the arse-end of nowhere like Shaw on a Tuesday afternoon than after a City game at the Etihad.

There needs to be a huge increase in bus services to Piccadilly and Victoria stations from the Etihad post-game.

There needs to be a proper walk route set up.

There needs to be Park&Ride for people who don’t head into Town at various places across the outskirts of the conurbation.

Even a water taxi service set up from Town in the Rochdale Canal would be good.

There needs to be more around the Campus to stay and have a drink and/or food so that not everyone needs to leave at the same time.
There is actually an old railway line that was axed years ago that used to pass the back of the athletic stadium. With a bit of foresight that could have been reopened to give direct access to Piccadilly station and Victoria station. We live in the north though so the Govt will not fund that, they are more interested in vanity projects.

I totally agree that there needs to be more around the campus for after games too. Extend City square, put seating in the bars and maybe people would be happier staying around for an hour or two

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.