Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

 IF tomorrow goes to plan, has anyone suggested a bit of classic Bowie?

Treble Treble, the rags are a mess.
Treble Treble, cos we are the best.
Treble Treble, and now you know.
CITY, I love you so.
Daa daa da da da, da doo doo doo doo doo
Daa daa da da da, da doo doo doo doo doo

I'm stuck at work singing it to myself.

Last edited:

FANS AT WEMBLEY WERE AMAZING, WE NEED YOU AGAIN IN ISTANBUL! - GUNDOGAN​

“Our fans are going to be so important for us again this weekend, as they always are,” he said.

“You only have to look at Saturday’s match at Wembley to show you how vital they are to our performance.

“Our fans were amazing from start to finish. Hearing them sing ‘Blue Moon’ in the tunnel, the deafening atmosphere as we walked out onto the pitch to a sea of blue, the Poznan as we waited for the match to start on the pitch, it was incredible and, in my opinion, helped us score after 13 seconds.

“To score that early was an unbelievable feeling and it felt like a reward for how amazing our fans were. Now we need them again in Istanbul.

“From the moment we wait in the tunnel, as we line-up on the pitch and during the whole game, we need that positive noise again. We know our fans will be there for us and we will give everything to make them proud.”

Atmosphere was better at the FA Cup final than the Champions League. Many reasons for that. Open stadium, everybody exhausted, shit treatment of the fans and people sobering up for 2-3 hours before kick off.

Coming down the stairwell at the end of the game was fantastic at Wembley. The 'Best Defence in Europe' chant just echoing all the way up and down the stairs across multiple tiers and going on for ages. Just as you thought it was dying down another group would sing and everybody else would join in again. Could see the stewards etc were even loving it. Probably my favourite part of the day apart from something happening about 12 seconds in.

i didnt go istanbul, cant comment much about it but from all accounts wanst the best atmosphere. No wonder, fans treat like shit for hours in that heat. Security taking fans banners and inflatables to throw in skips.. Only a hard core set of ultras like the milan lads could make good a good noise at places like that.

i didnt go istanbul, cant comment much about it but from all accounts wanst the best atmosphere. No wonder, fans treat like shit for hours in that heat. Security taking fans banners and inflatables to throw in skips.. Only a hard core set of ultras like the milan lads could make good a good noise at places like that.
City fans and open ends don't mix and never have. You can't get our songs going without a roof.

Think that’s fair Trev, atmosphere was good in parts, but people were exhausted due to travel and day drinking coming to an abrupt end around 7PM. I remember observing Rangers fans in Seville for the Europa final and thinking it was strange how one of the noisiest fanbases in the UK were so quiet in such as big match, but it turned out they had similar issues with day drinking, then being left in the heat, no alcohol or water in the stadium, so they were simply wrecked by match time. I think this may have been an issue for us in Porto as well?

I dare say Italian fans don’t have the same drinking culture, but fair play to them they were very noisy and their songs were well orchestrated . Strange they could get drums and massive flags in yet as you say they were taking inflatables and flags over a certain size off Blues. Would have loved to have seen some of your guys flags over there, much better and more authentic than the free ones clubs the club provide.

The City end had pockets of singing spread right across the end right throughout the match, it wasn't fully carrying at points, when it did it was noisy. Overall it was impacted by the stuff mentioned above plus distance between stand and pitch with an open end. There definitely would have been better stadiums for creating an atmosphere.

Think that’s fair Trev, atmosphere was good in parts, but people were exhausted due to travel and day drinking coming to an abrupt end around 7PM. I remember observing Rangers fans in Seville for the Europa final and thinking it was strange how one of the noisiest fanbases in the UK were so quiet in such as big match, but it turned out they had similar issues with day drinking, then being left in the heat, no alcohol or water in the stadium, so they were simply wrecked by match time. I think this may have been an issue for us in Porto as well?

I dare say Italian fans don’t have the same drinking culture, but fair play to them they were very noisy and their songs were well orchestrated . Strange they could get drums and massive flags in yet as you say they were taking inflatables and flags over a certain size off Blues. Would have loved to have seen some of your guys flags over there, much better and more authentic than the free ones clubs the club provide.

The City end had pockets of singing spread right across the end right throughout the match, it wasn't fully carrying at points, when it did it was noisy. Overall it was impacted by the stuff mentioned above plus distance between stand and pitch with an open end. There definitely would have been better stadiums for creating an atmosphere.

hell yes if the rangers fans got killed off with heat and hangover kicking in then its a tough one ! I remember that, whiskey and 35 degrees doesnt mix. Ok for the milan fans on espresso shots !

It p****s me off when we get inflatables and flags taken off us, how on earth did milan fans get all that lot in. Liverpool fans seemed to manage it to.

Our first game Vs burnley is a big one for many reasons. Im going to ask contacts at city to contact BFC and see if we can be allowed telescopics and banners in the away end like we have lower south stand. Give the team a good welcome when they come out on to the pitch as they deserve it more than ever. Will it work ? Lets see, most stadiums say no we only allow flags 1m x 1m with fire certificates unless dortmund turn up !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.