Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It’s always been like this. Low roof means a good atmosphere. It’s one of the big problems at the Etihad. When the singing areas sing the songs drift off upwards and can’t be heard properly by sections of the ground. The lower the roof, the better the atmosphere. It’s simple acoustics.
In the North Stand expansion plans they seem to have considered this with the roof being designed to help acoustics.Screenshot_20230421_212459.jpg

In the North Stand expansion plans they seem to have considered this with the roof being designed to help acoustics.View attachment 84440
I was delighted to see this when they made the announcement. Without going over old ground, it’s why I believe that the vocal fans should be grouped in the upper tier of this new stand.

Think that’s fair Trev, atmosphere was good in parts, but people were exhausted due to travel and day drinking coming to an abrupt end around 7PM. I remember observing Rangers fans in Seville for the Europa final and thinking it was strange how one of the noisiest fanbases in the UK were so quiet in such as big match, but it turned out they had similar issues with day drinking, then being left in the heat, no alcohol or water in the stadium, so they were simply wrecked by match time. I think this may have been an issue for us in Porto as well?

I dare say Italian fans don’t have the same drinking culture, but fair play to them they were very noisy and their songs were well orchestrated . Strange they could get drums and massive flags in yet as you say they were taking inflatables and flags over a certain size off Blues. Would have loved to have seen some of your guys flags over there, much better and more authentic than the free ones clubs the club provide.

The City end had pockets of singing spread right across the end right throughout the match, it wasn't fully carrying at points, when it did it was noisy. Overall it was impacted by the stuff mentioned above plus distance between stand and pitch with an open end. There definitely would have been better stadiums for creating an atmosphere.
Our support at Wembley shocked the rags to their core.

Before,during and after it was non stop noise and piss taking and it’s hurt them.

The support and noise is ‘bull was tremendous under the circumstances of the pure match shenanigans.

Also consider that City fans had also enjoyed a three day,24 hour, non stop piss up of epic proportions, drunk ‘bull dry and sung ourselves out before Saturday came.

That shit athletics stadium doesn’t lend its self the generating or accentuating atmosphere but City players certainly knew we were there.

One of the best and most enjoyable few days of my City supporting life and I’ve been going since 1958.

More please !!

Can we still sing Follow, follow, follow?

Who’s taking Gundo’s place?
Follow follow follow
We won the treble in Istanbul
With Rodri and Gundo
Phil and Bernardo
Kevin de Bruyne
John Stones

Ederson and Aké
Walker and Akanji
Ruben Dias, Johnny Stones
Best defence in Europe
We’re Manchester City
Won the lot in Istanbul
Woah we’re the boys in Blue
Woah coming after you
Woah 1 2 3 4

They can be forever songs now!

Our support at Wembley shocked the rags to their core.

Before,during and after it was non stop noise and piss taking and it’s hurt them.

The support and noise is ‘bull was tremendous under the circumstances of the pure match shenanigans.

Also consider that City fans had also enjoyed a three day,24 hour, non stop piss up of epic proportions, drunk ‘bull dry and sung ourselves out before Saturday came.

That shit athletics stadium doesn’t lend its self the generating or accentuating atmosphere but City players certainly knew we were there.

One of the best and most enjoyable few days of my City supporting life and I’ve been going since 1958.

More please !!

The atmospheric against the rags at Wembley was great. As it was against Madrid at home.

I was delighted to see this when they made the announcement. Without going over old ground, it’s why I believe that the vocal fans should be grouped in the upper tier of this new stand.
.....In the back half of the three/four centre sections.

There is sufficient time for this to be organised and executed.

Likewise the home end in the south stand.

Many will wish to stay there or relocate from other parts of the ground, including the east stand singers corner, who should be encouraged the relocate to one of the two home ends now, otherwise it could result in three sections singing against each other, rather than two complimenting each other.

This is an Ivory carved opportunity, and probably the last one until the new stadium in 2050/60, to create an intense,hostile,’ home ends ‘ atmosphere.

It can and must be done !!

I certainly didn't have a issue with the atmosphere last season, thought was fantastic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.