G P surgeries hiding appointments

Lucky you.

Where I am, we get texts every 2 weeks telling us they're closed for a day for training, fine, but when you do phone it's an hour+ on hold, before we even get a menu to press one for this, and two for that.

The only realistic way to interact with them now is to go to surgery reception, where you get the third degree as to why you have turned up at the surgery. It's an absolute joke, it was bad enough at the height of covid, but it's far worse now.

Luckily I don't need to bother them that much, other than repeat prescription's (which I do online), but even this has become a hassle, as every time I get one, I'm told I need to get blood tests, these are due once a year, and I had them 3 months ago, but it took nearly 2 years since the previous one (covid) despite asking every time I put the prescription in.
Blood is big big business.surely you know this..
Lots of cash for blood.

The NHS has been run down by the Conservatives so much.
There is something seriously wrong with the NHS GP service. I think it's being run down or there's just too many people.
My brother had to wait weeks to see a GP in the UK and ended up dying.
Here in Convict land I can see any number of GP's in different practices usually next day for free.

There is something seriously wrong with the NHS GP service. I think it's being run down or there's just too many people.
My brother had to wait weeks to see a GP in the UK and ended up dying.
Here in Convict land I can see any number of GP's in different practices usually next day for free.

The amount of money spent on it it should be a lot better.

We have no issues whatsoever seeing a doctor in Dumfries and Galloway but my sisters boy who had a recent cardiac arrest at home and who spent a week in ICU battling for his life and is now suffering from depression, fear of going to sleep because it happened in his sleep got told this week by doctors in Heywood they don’t do face to face anymore.

Fucking shame on them and the idiots they have sat in their receptions.

The Tories must be laughing their bollocks off at seeing how many people are giving up and going private. My mums neighbour needed a double hernia operation and it was a 3 year wait! Had it done privately for £6k

This.

I don’t bother with the GP anymore….I have a private Dr through work and generally get an online appointment same day…..

wife had really bad tonsilitis symptoms for a few days and in despiration phoned local doctor today.After the usual covid and now pollen advice ,the menu gives a number for same day appointments.Options for elderly,under fives,pregnant women ,etc or stay on phone-get directed to 111.More options involving a numerical code untill talking to a really understandin guy.So tells her to go to Boots -chemist-where a pharmacist may be able to help.Being a bit sceptical i told her to phone first and as i thought the phamacist said the wifes exact symptoms would mean she had to see a doctor and she would phone them straight away.Upshot, appointment within30 mins and back home with anti biotic 10 mins later.So 4 hours phoning and waiting for a ten minute appointment in a surgery where there were no slots

If it`s Anything like my doctors surgery, you get there and there is nobody else there or one person there. but its a real struggle to get an appointment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.