G P surgeries hiding appointments

I have to say ref all these whines I see hear and read about GP's surgeries really don't echo my experience where I go even allowing for the pandemic. You ring you get if its a query about a prescription press 1 otherwise hold. You hold and you get answered in a couple of minutes. A chat with the receptionist gets you routed to an appropriate person who hears you out then advice is give, a telephone consultation booked or an F2F one - I am seeing my doctor F2F on Monday.

And before anyone says anything one moan you get around here is the fact that there are 7 new housing estates in town completed or started since 2015.......with no new GP practises established. Its just down to proper hard work and organisation by the Garth surgery I assume.

Similar experience for me also. I've had virtual or F2F appointments, same day never an issue. E-prescriptions waiting at local chemist. I'm generally impressed.

Looks like a postcode lottery.

My 90 year old mum was in a bad way a few weeks ago, her whole body was violently shaking & she was stone cold then red hot within a few minutes, I rang 999 at 2.30 in the afternoon & they said they would send a Ambulance straight away, the Ambulance turned up around 9 in the evening,
Luckily mum was a lot better by that stage & the paramedics & hospital staff were fantastic but this is twice a similar thing has happened (different illnesses) in the last 12 months,
I dont know what the problem is with the N.H.S. but things are certainly not working very well in Shropshire at the moment. (mums back home now & getting better)

My own GP’s practice has gone down hill ever since Covid without doubt. It is very difficult to see a doctor. Most of the appointments are FaceTime calls and then a trip to the chemist to pick up your meds.
Recently I had a growth on top of my scalp. I contacted the GP Receptionist and sent a picture of the growth. I was told to make a routine appointment with the doctor (1 month)
I turned up at the practice 4 weeks later for the receptionist to inform me it was a telephone appointment. I insisted I wanted to see a Dr
I had to wait an hour before I saw one even though the practice was empty.
The Dr was clearly annoyed at seeing me and didn’t even look at the growth, she just said she would refer me to the hospital.
To cut a long story short it turns out I’ve got a carcinoma which needs to be operated on and skin grafts. To say the least I’m less than impressed by the way I was treated by my GP
That's awful. Hope all turns out OK.

It's definitely an area problem. Try and get a GP a bit further out. Been up in the sticks nearly two years and not had an issue. Same with dentists

At the end of the day it's all an issue of not having enough doctors. GP surgeries are having to do a level of screening and triage of people making appointments because the demand is just too damn high.
Exactly this, my wife used to manage a GP surgery, and the poor receptionist’s got dogs abuse when they had to triage patients, “why the F should I tell you!” was the most common, that’s before having to deal with drug addicts, schizophrenics, racism, being spat at, physical assaults, people waiting for them to finish work, and so on, all for just over min wage…fact is the NHS is on its ass and the government wants us to want to go private

I have to say ref all these whines I see hear and read about GP's surgeries really don't echo my experience where I go even allowing for the pandemic. You ring you get if its a query about a prescription press 1 otherwise hold. You hold and you get answered in a couple of minutes. A chat with the receptionist gets you routed to an appropriate person who hears you out then advice is give, a telephone consultation booked or an F2F one - I am seeing my doctor F2F on Monday.

And before anyone says anything one moan you get around here is the fact that there are 7 new housing estates in town completed or started since 2015.......with no new GP practises established. Its just down to proper hard work and organisation by the Garth surgery I assume.
On the other hand I phoned for a face to face with my GP on Monday. She can see me on 28th.
A 19 day wait.
Let’s hope it’s not serious!

On the other hand I phoned for a face to face with my GP on Monday. She can see me on 28th.
A 19 day wait.
Let’s hope it’s not serious!

I am not saying you aren't mate and I can see that I am lucky to attend a well run practise at a time in my life where I need it more and more.

You'll have read my stuff - if this wasn't the case and I had a further opportunity to give Simon Clarke a kicking over GP's in his area I'd jump on it but I can't and won't make stuff up to do so as I respect the surgery too much to lie about their performance

GPs still hiding behind their sofas from covid or can you actually see one of the fuckers face to face these days?
In my surgery pretty much a mixed bag most of the docs are in hiding with the usual battle of wills with a receptionist but one is accepting online bookings for face to face apps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.