Alberto Moleiro

leipzig vs las palmas friendly tomorrow, maybe someone will row that boat gently down the stream.

Been told Bilbao recently have been pushing for a deal for Laporte to go back there. Seemingly the longer it goes without any agreement the more optimistic they are about the chances of a loan deal being put through, certainly don't have the cash for a (permanent) deal but hoping something can be sorted on both sides only for a loan.

(We) have made enquiries also about Alberto Moleiro from Las Palmas, could be for Girona given his age but thought I'd mention it in case it's not.

Posting in good faith, don't claim to be ITK nor do I wanna be. This is purely from the Spanish side, fwiw I hope its bs so we can get rid of Laporte for cash.

I'm not British myself but mate please don't go there. The people from the part of the world you just mentioned are a lot worse than the British in regards to accepting people from other backgrounds. A huge issue that the media has desperately tried to surpress was the ugly border situation that occurred African and Indian students tried to join the Ukrainians to leave. You wouldn't see that happen in the UK or western countries.
I wrote a paper for my Master's Degree on the discrimination of people of Eastern European origin in light of Brexit. I grew up in a few different countries, but I am originally from Eastern Europe, hence my interest in the topic. I have some experience with it myself, but nothing I would like to discuss on a public forum.
Some people got killed over it. Many got physically assaulted and experienced a ton of hate crimes. Thus, to say "they are a lot worse" comes across as a justification or whataboutism. My point is discrimination is discrimination, no matter where or what the basis of it is. I wouldn't make one more acceptable than the other because "they are worse." None of it is acceptable, no matter the scale. Everyone is an individual and deserves to be treated equally and not perceived through the lenses of their background.

Last edited:
I hope this is a tiny minority on BM, but as a foreigner, I spent 6 years studying in the UK (England and Scotland), and I have met plenty of people with such attitude (especially 40+). It derives from British imperialism, a mentality reflected in subconsciously thinking everyone else is inferior (comparable to America is the greatest country in the world BS). For example, you could clearly see it with Brexit and the foreigners "stealing" jobs mentality, especially towards people from Eastern Europe. It's a backward, xenophobic, self-centered view of the world, but there you have it :).
Anyway, this is off-topic. Speaking of Moleiro, I have never seen him play, but he looks similar to Grealish on YT, like a more direct version. He seems very raw, though, so it depends on what Pep wants. I would personally move for someone already established, world-class, in the 22-26 age category, but if we are looking for a project, he could be it.
Agree. I would prefer exactly the same in terms of a "replacement" for Mahrez. I was speaking to the general response to our potentially bringing in a young talent to add to our organizational talent pool. I don't see a downside to bringing a kid like that to the club. Yet right away people want to go into some sort of protectionist mode viewing him as a threat to our academy lads, slagging the league he plays in, and stereotyping him as the next Torres or Garcia when he could easily be more like D Silva or Rodri.

In reading your post and the corresponding likes it's encouraging to see that there are plenty of optimistic, forward thinking Blues who welcome any idea in terms of player recruitment that will benefit the club...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.