Premier League Games 25/26/27 August '23

When England introduced the Premier League, there was a similar set of events. The PL attracted the top talent from across the globe thanks to the investment of TV revenue. Many fellow European countries had similar grievances over the PL attracting their most talented players and took a bitter tone to it all.

To apply a dismissive, arrogant and condescending tone towards SA's ambitions is daft.

We would agree that there's too much money in football pal, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy from Klopp. I'm also certain if it was an MLS team or Bundesligsa team trying to poach Salah his attitude would be different.
You're still missing the point.

Klopp's issue is not about Saudi buying Premier League players, it's about the differential in deadlines. I think it's a very valid point that needs discussion and to be rectified.

As for the, "dismissive, arrogant and condescending tone towards SA's ambitions", well I'm not sure where you found that little gem from. All I saw was him outlining the issues this could cause if the two deadlines are not merged. Sure, this was primarily brought up because of the media speculation around Salah, but it could equally apply to any team.

As I mentioned earlier, if they swooped for KDB after the Prem deadline, do you think that is a fair level playing field, because I don't?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.