Premier League Games 25/26/27 August '23

Harsh as he has done magnificent for the club in such a short space of time. If you had predicted a team that was flirting with relegation would be playing champions league football a year later you'd be in the cuckoos nest.

Saying that though, this is the first time questions will be asked of Howe. He could have killed the game off. I'm sure he would have done if he kept Tonali (very tidy player) and the excellent Gordon who seemed to want to go on a solo mission to destroy Liverpool.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll have another great season. Top 4 is gonna be a tough ask if the other clubs can be a threat.
"could" have killed the game off? Should have, more like. 1 up, against 10 men, at home? They really should be seeing that game out. Poor game management, whether that's down to the players or the management. As you said, Howe's subs handed the initiative over to the Mickeys.

Good side? They were pathetic tonight losing against a 10 man liverpool team, if they want to be up near the top they need to be putting games like that to bed not ifs no buts they were woeful.
They gave us a good game and they played pretty well against the team that I reckon will push us this season.

"could" have killed the game off? Should have, more like. 1 up, against 10 men, at home? They really should be seeing that game out. Poor game management, whether that's down to the players or the management. As you said, Howe's subs handed the initiative over to the Mickeys.

I agree, should have. I think it's the first time we have seen Howe give too much respect to opponents. I thought they may show a bit more against City then they tried to see the game out vs Liverpool. Maybe that's a wake up he needs.

I'm quite a fan of Barnes but that's two games on the spin he's dribbled, been selfish and had a long shot. Howe will want a word in his shell for that

I agree, should have. I think it's the first time we have seen Howe give too much respect to opponents. I thought they may show a bit more against City then they tried to see the game out vs Liverpool. Maybe that's a wake up he needs.

I'm quite a fan of Barnes but that's two games on the spin he's dribbled, been selfish and had a long shot. Howe will want a word in his shell for that
I think that's the issue at this level when you step up. Fear, too much respect, over thinking, especially if you're winning. Takes a while for managers and teams to get over that. It's why Utd where so good years ago and it's similar to what Pep said about us in CL for past few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.