Cole Palmer

Wish Cole all the best but I feel for footballing reasons it's a mistake on his/agents part

He's 21 and still potential!!!!

Rather he stayed as we need numbers and the two games in the 50p Cup and Euro super cup changed my mind as I didn't feel he was right for us

But £42.5m I would take that all day long and we move on

Yokohama_F._Marinos_-_Manchester_City_(3-5)_-_53075276869_(Cole_Palmer).jpg

In a match where you're on the attack & on top, Cole's a player who can cause mayhem & score goals.

HOWEVER, in the tougher matches where we have to control the ball & be defensively disciplined & resilient, Palmer seemed like Bambi in a bull ring. He didn't belong.

Mahrez walked the tightrope of being a "Luxury Player", but his output of goals & assists made his inclusion more than worthwhile. He may not have been the most effective in the defensive phase, but he did his best & gave opposition defenders something to be wary of on the break.

Palmer may, or may not have developed into that kind of player, so I suppose we'll have to keep an eye on him at Chelsea & see.

The settling thought for me is Guardiola. He was at ease with the thought of Palmer leaving permanently & there seemed a message in his stance. Stay & fight for your place, or fuck off PERMANENTLY!

Pep & the coaching staff see him in training every day, so there's no better judge as to how suited Cole Palmer would be playing at the very highest level of world football for Manchester City, than Guardiola.

In Pep & Txiki do I trust. )(

Like most - I am disappointed that he has not pushed through into a first team regular - but I don't think that it is right to blame or feel bad towards anyone - it's just (good) business

City/Pep - have given him quite a lot of opportunities - he just has not quite made enough of them to be a guaranteed part of the first team for years to come

Cole himself - he is at an age where he must be thinking about how he maximises the earnings he makes from the game. I don't know what he was on at City or what he is going to earn at Chelsea - but this move will surely set him up for life. That does not make him money-grabbing - just sensible.

Chelsea - well they have not stinted and paid top dollar - I hope it turns into a great investment for them

Txiki - just doing his job and he is a key reason that we are doing so well in this world of FFP and others are struggling and our academy is becoming recognised as one of the best in the world

Best of luck to the lad. Not sure how much more game time he'll get at Chelsea, but if he feels he'll get more games, then you can understand him going. The (presumably) increase in salary will have helped him come to a decision as well, obviously. Which any of us would do.

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall on his first day at Roly Boehlys soccer aid circus.
Cole ' Is this the first 11? Where's the keeper?'
'No Cole, these are the right sided midfielders. Good luck son'

View attachment 92162

In a match where you're on the attack & on top, Cole's a player who can cause mayhem & score goals.

HOWEVER, in the tougher matches where we have to control the ball & be defensively disciplined & resilient, Palmer seemed like Bambi in a bull ring. He didn't belong.

Mahrez walked the tightrope of being a "Luxury Player", but his output of goals & assists made his inclusion more than worthwhile. He may not have been the most effective in the defensive phase, but he did his best & gave opposition defenders something to be wary of on the break.

Palmer may, or may not have developed into that kind of player, so I suppose we'll have to keep an eye on him at Chelsea & see.

The settling thought for me is Guardiola. He was at ease with the thought of Palmer leaving permanently & there seemed a message in his stance. Stay & fight for your place, or fuck off PERMANENTLY!

Pep & the coaching staff see him in training every day, so there's no better judge as to how suited Cole Palmer would be playing at the very highest level of world football for Manchester City, than Guardiola.

In Pep & Txiki do I trust. )(
There may well be a lot of truth in what you say. But, Cole is just 21. Mahrez wasnt the player he became at 21.

Its a shame he has gone in some respects, but City likely between a rock and a hard place with this one. Chelsea apparently have quadrupled his wages. City for a squad player just weren’t prepared to play that game so it likely there was only one real outcome….

I dont think its a good decision for Palmer from a football point of view. Theres a long list of players going back 20 years whos career has died at Chelsea. Also, they seem to have a scatter gun approach even more the last year or so. Financially its good for him no doubt, time will tell if it works for him or not. I suspect it wont!!

Could come back to bite us, but I thought the same when United signed Sancho. So we'll just have to see how it plays out. £45m seems a lot but I think he clearly has the potential to make that seem a good fee for Chelsea later down the line.

Clearly we didn't have a path to regular football available for him, will be interesting to see how Chelsea manage that - good luck to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.