Cole Palmer

You can see there's a lot of talent in Cole but whether he can really kick on to the next level on a consistent basis only time will tell. His opportunities would have been limited here. I've no idea if he'll get more game time at Chelsea either. For the money it was too good an offer to turn down.

Mixed feelings, we’ve got a very good price for him but i do worry this will come back to bite us. It just feels we’ve swapped a local academy lad with tons of potential for a Portuguese player who refused to play for his club when he heard we were interested.

We swapped Palmer for Doku who wanted to come to City and learn from Pep. And who is arguably regarded as a superior talent. Nunes is a CM, his signing has little to do with Palmer.

Only time can tell, but I think Doku will be pretty good. Maybe Pep should have given Palmer more chances to prove himself. But then again Liverpool might have won the league in 21/22 (matching thus our domestic treble) and City might have failed to win the Treble last season. Ultimately, Pep is here to win everything and make City the best.

Good luck to Cole! He'll need it at Chelsea.

Really rate the lad and would have been interested to see if he could have kicked on under Pep's guidance.
But I'm not going to beat around the bush: I personally think a potential £42.5 million is crazy money for him. But hey, it's Chelsea, eh? Laughing all the way to the bank. We may have overpaid for Nunes, remains to be seen — but in effect this one has financed that, near enough.
Terrific window, overall. Congrats, Txiki. Gundo is the big loss, but I can't honestly say I think we're weaker this year than last.

In typical Bluemoon fashion, the narrative has immediately been twisted into "the manager wanted rid because he was never good enough."

Cole wanted to leave. Chelsea made an offer. We rejected it. Chelsea made a fucking great offer. We accepted it.

The rest is blinkered bullshit.
And this is a typical bluemoon reply. Where did you get this info from

Mixed feelings, we’ve got a very good price for him but i do worry this will come back to bite us. It just feels we’ve swapped a local academy lad with tons of potential for a Portuguese player who refused to play for his club when he heard we were interested.
Nunes had a choice... City, or another season of relegation battles at Wolves. )(

For the price we paid, Wolves made £10m on what they paid 12 months ago, £6m if you factor Tommy Doyle into the deal.

Wolves can now get 2-3 decent players in to bolster their squad, which is better imo than relying on Nunes. It's not like he's a Messi/Ronaldo type game changer.

From what I've seen of Nunes, he isn't at the level we need for attacking midfielders, but a closer observation of his stats reveal he's probably the closest thing we have to Rodri, & CDM is where I can see him being groomed to play, which also makes most sense.

Where this leaves Philips is another matter altogether. I suppose another season getting splinters in his arse might make it obvious to him, that he doesn't feature in Pep's long-term plans.

His best option of Liverpool has seemingly gone. He's backing himself at City, but after Rodri's comments & Guardiola rarely playing him, I think it's evident the writing's on the wall, regardless of what Kalvin's wishes are.

HOWEVER, stranger things have been known to happen! Aké & Stones were both destined for the door, but managed to turn their fortunes around. Perhaps Philips is still holding on to this hope.

As long as his presence in the squad doesn't impinge on our recruitment ability, it's his right to stick to his contract & try to prove himself.

Waistcoat picking him yesterday ensured Kalvin was definitely staying for the season. Being dropped from the England squad would have given him something profound to ponder, but he made it & remains here.

How he gets past Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, Lewis & Stones in the hybrid role is another matter altogether. \0/

It’s only like running a business, sometimes certain policies don’t work as well others but as long as the outcome is successful there’s no problem. All businesses have to readjust, absolute 100% perfect decisions just don’t exist, the day Pep leaves I’ll be devastated and those on here criticising him and Txiki will look back with a different perspective.
I absolutely get this, and its probably the best response I've had todate. Most on here pay to much attention to know nothing hs

Really rate the lad and would have been interested to see if he could have kicked on under Pep's guidance.
But I'm not going to beat around the bush: I personally think a potential £42.5 million is crazy money for him. But hey, it's Chelsea, eh? Laughing all the way to the bank. We may have overpaid for Nunes, remains to be seen — but in effect this one has financed that, near enough.
Terrific window, overall. Congrats, Txiki. Gundo is the big loss, but I can't honestly say I think we're weaker this year than last.
Just a bit of pendency, it’s 42.5 rising to a potential 45, (according to Sky!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.