Does death scare you?

Off and on. I dont really pay it much mind but my wife has a close friend who is dying of cancer and has little time left. It does bring it closer to home especially as I just turned 50.

I’m not scared of dying, but I don’t want to. I’m almost 65 and almost died back in 2014, I got Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS) and ended up in a coma and spent 12 months paralysed and 18 months in hospital. I’m disabled now because of it and need a wheelchair permanently. I live alone in a care home now and my quality of life is shit; So, I often consider the real me already died back then? However, I don’t want to leave yet

If it was quick and painless, absolutely not. I'd go as far as to say I'm curious about it and if there was a chance to try it and come back, I would have already done that.

Painful and drawn out? Different story. I'd want to be drugged to the eyeballs. I'm currently childless and all my family live back in the UK, not that it's far from Ireland. The idea of being around with no one to look out for me, lonely, bothers me.

The act of dieing not so much, but missing out in the next generation of family and technological advances, yes.

Not one bit.
Can't do anything about it.
And I'll not know either cos I'll be dead.
Won't have to worry about getting up for work

Sometimes, when i really think about it. Trying to not do that very often. Taking care of my health helps me a lot, it gives me hope that i will live a little longer. I frequently talk to piedmont customer service and discuss with them all the health issues and concerns i have in mind. Tomorrow going to do an extended blood test and see if i need some vitamins for example.

Last edited:
I’m not scared of dying, but I don’t want to. I’m almost 65 and almost died back in 2014, I got Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS) and ended up in a coma and spent 12 months paralysed and 18 months in hospital. I’m disabled now because of it and need a wheelchair permanently. I live alone in a care home now and my quality of life is shit; So, I often consider the real me already died back then? However, I don’t want to leave yet
Don't leave us yet :-)

Really sorry to hear how things have been for you. Must have been pretty horrible.

But you are here with us, watching City win the Treble etc etc.

Just hold onto the things that are still great xxx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.