Does death scare you?

Just basic Fat metabolisers from Holland & Barrett, the Mrs isn’t a big girl but she’d put half a stone on, made a few dietary tweaks & took them, shifted it in no time, she said if she ate crap it would pass through quite quick (the trots) so that put her off eating the crap :)
Will look into it. Cheers!

I’m not scared of dying, but I don’t want to. I’m almost 65 and almost died back in 2014, I got Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS) and ended up in a coma and spent 12 months paralysed and 18 months in hospital. I’m disabled now because of it and need a wheelchair permanently. I live alone in a care home now and my quality of life is shit; So, I often consider the real me already died back then? However, I don’t want to leave yet

Fucking hell mate, really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you still have people you love that come and see you and give you something to live for, otherwise there's always City.

I think the message to anyone who is scared of dying would be, don't let it stop you living. Because it's precious and you have to make the most of it and enjoy it as much as you can. I was moping about when my Mum died at 68, feeling sorry for myself. Got a call from a neighbour who told me his wife had died. She'd been out for a run and collapsed and died instantly, about 400m from home at the age of 30. Horrific. Two young kids left behind without their Mum, and there's my moping when I'd had a good 35 years with mine.

I’m not scared of dying, but I don’t want to. I’m almost 65 and almost died back in 2014, I got Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS) and ended up in a coma and spent 12 months paralysed and 18 months in hospital. I’m disabled now because of it and need a wheelchair permanently. I live alone in a care home now and my quality of life is shit; So, I often consider the real me already died back then? However, I don’t want to leave yet
I know how you feel I really do having spent time in a care home after a brain haemorrhage left me in a similar position. 2016 but slowly improved after physiotherapy and went home.

This place kept me in touch even though I couldn’t post I don’t know what GBS is or wether it means you can’t go home but I remember you posting in the football forum and we’ve gone on to win everything, we value your opinion we don’t want you to feel alone because your part of the Bluemoon family I remember your user name always will, take care and keep posting.

The Swedish apparently have a tradition of'death cleaning' in later years, decluttering and getting your affairs in order so your loved ones have as little as possible to do. I suspect there is a comfort in doing that for the people you love.
Today is the first full moon in November and therefore "Dödshälsningsdagen", literally death greeting day or more correctly Eulogy day. It is a day to write the eulogy for your own funeral - the eulogy as you would want it to be.
The idea is that it helps you focus on the things you value in life and your ambitions and dreams for the future and spurs you to action.

I think the pain in death is what I feel wary of. I watched my dad die a slow painful lingering death, and my brother rammyblues was in agony until the final hour when they finally stuck him full of morphine. As others have said it's inevitable and as John Lennon once said it will be like opening and closing a door.

I think the pain in death is what I feel wary of. I watched my dad die a slow painful lingering death, and my brother rammyblues was in agony until the final hour when they finally stuck him full of morphine. As others have said it's inevitable and as John Lennon once said it will be like opening and closing a door.
Likewise I don't fancy the pain that comes with some deaths, lost my brother 2years ago this month, a relatively short battle with cancer, 6mths from diagnosis but he was suffering near the end, not just pain but also dignity, I was happy for him when the final release came. I had a brain hemorrhage 13yrs ago was only 50, made a full (ish) recovery, no outward signs but I know my personality changed, which has cost me my marriage.
Saying all that I just hope when my time comes that it's fairly quick, instant would be the perfect way but alas we don't get to choose, I mean I never feel like taking my own life but I often go to sleep not really bothering if I wake up next morning, some days are a long hard slog, loneliness being the overriding factor.

Not really, I consider myself relatively young. I believe in proactive health management, and I've been exploring ways to enhance my well-being. Recently, I came across direct digital reviews, and it seems like they offer products or services related to health and wellness. It's always valuable to learn from others' experiences, and I'm curious to know more about the insights shared in these reviews. Taking good care of one's health is a continuous journey, and discovering new resources can contribute positively to that effort.

Last edited:
I remember you going through all that mate. You still managing to get to games ok?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.