Young Boys (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Just watch the highlights again. How good was Jack tonight ? His first touch and passing was bang on and was a real threat. Rodders was the usual maestro in midfield. Alvarez caused all sorts of havoc and I think he looks to be the new Aguero. Powerful player and knows how to finish. We're so flipping lucky to have two incredible players up front. On a side note lovely gesture from Pep at the end, sending the players over to the away fans.

I think we will. That pitch is a huge advantage for them as they play on it every other week and probably practice on it several times a week. We never looked ourselves and seeing as we eventually won I can now say it was down to the pitch and it can't be brushed away as an excuse

If those two teams played at the Etihad tonight we'd have smashed them 6-0
I was just delighted that we don't seem to have suffered any injuries playing on that pitch.

Brilliant it wasn't, sorry, great result in the end yes, but we were careless in front of goal, as the stats prove.
The goalie and defense led a charmed life and the pitch played a huge part as you well know. It was a really impressive performance given the team changes and the pitch. Once again Peps team and game management was spot on.

How do stats “prove” City were “careless” rather than unlucky, or some other adjective?
14 shots on target (from 26), 3 goals, 1 a scruffy rebound, 1 a penalty, that's not unlucky, it's poor finishing (careless), and I could point to both "unlucky" and "poor finishing" chances, we probably should have scored 5 or 6 on just "poor finishing" alone.

That aside some of our players didn't play well.

I'm not arsed, we won, but I don't feel the need for comments on the performance to be surpressed, it wasn't great.

We won't if we start with that line up, but since we are virtually through, I don't see why we shouldn't start with a similar one really.
Says the fan who has never played on a plastic pitch before. So you think we should've had a stronger line up a few days before the derb ? Good grief man, you should be pleased about tonight.

The goalie and defense led a charmed life and the pitch played a huge part as you well know.
The keeper and defence did lead a charmed life, I don't disagree, but I don't think the pitch is a valid excuse, I can't remember a single incident that the pitch was to blame, and so far nobody has suggested a single incident either.

I don't like, or think those pitches should be allowed in this competition, but that's a different debate for me.

The keeper and defence did lead a charmed life, I don't disagree, but I don't think the pitch is a valid excuse, I can't remember a single incident that the pitch was to blame, and so far nobody has suggested a single incident either.

I don't like, or think those pitches should be allowed in this competition, but that's a different debate for me.
Watch Doku's effort first half and then tell me the watered pitch had no affect. You really need to try it yourself. You'll realize how different it is. I thought the players handled the pitch brilliantly.

I can. Haaland had a great chance in the first half, felt the need to take an extra touch which set his body wrong and he scuffed his shot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.