Terry Venables RIP

That reads like he actually won the cup. Barca lost.

A lovely likable man who got done for bribery, got banned for being a director of companies, nicked hundreds of thousands from Portsmouth after buying them for a pound, Co wrote Hazel, sang a few tunes and managed a few clubs and then England...86 was a heady time. SAS were running riot and Gazza was going all dentist chair.

A rogue then. Bit like Redknapp but with less shaking.
Only if you can’t read. It says he led them to the final, not that he won it. Oh and it was 96 not 86

RIP and Sad news as another football character from my life fades aways.....if he was in charge of CITY last 10 years we would have had 300+ charges pending :)
Remember the £1m he kept in the safe at Spurs, ready for bungs?

He was a brilliant character and I genuinely think that under him, England went from "dinosaur" football with rigid 4-4-2 type football under Taylor to something a lot more European. In some ways, he brought his experience with Barcelona to England and I think if we'd had stuck with him we could've won something.

Euro 96 was an amazing tournament and I think it - and he - helped to transform English football from a mens game into a game which was watched by everyone. England played modern football under him. I remember the surprise at the "diamond" and "Christmas tree" formations and he created a platform for Hoddle to build on.

RIP "El Tel", another great football character.

He was a brilliant character and I genuinely think that under him, England went from "dinosaur" football with rigid 4-4-2 type football under Taylor to something a lot more European. In some ways, he brought his experience with Barcelona to England and I think if we'd had stuck with him we could've won something.

Euro 96 was an amazing tournament and I think it - and he - helped to transform English football from a mens game into a game which was watched by everyone. England played modern football under him. I remember the surprise at the "diamond" and "Christmas tree" formations and he created a platform for Hoddle to build on.

RIP "El Tel", another great football character.
The FA wanted him out because of his dodgy dealings otherwise I think he'd have gone to France 98 at least. Not sure what he'd have done about Team Beckham mind.

The FA wanted him out because of his dodgy dealings otherwise I think he'd have gone to France 98 at least. Not sure what he'd have done about Team Beckham mind.
Yeah it's a shame the "off the pitch" things happened but it was right to stand down. I think we'd have done better with him in charge though as he seemed to get on with the players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.