Terry Venables RIP

He’ll probably still be smiling. Lived his best life.

England’s second greatest manager ever. Just behind Sir Gareth of Waistcoat.

Cheers Tel, thanks for the memories and RIP.

neither ahead of Alf Ramsay surely? the only england manager to win anything?

Terry was my favorite England manager

neither ahead of Alf Ramsay surely? the only england manager to win anything?

Terry was my favorite England manager
I wasn’t being entirely serious.

He’s certainly the most popular England manager of my lifetime. I wasn’t around for Sir Alf, although his World Cup win probably makes him the best by default.

It's a very sad day and it has been for a good few years as he has been ill over that time. Its a measure of the man how much he was loved by players and supporters, not just the clubs he managed and coached. Now he can join his mentor Malcolm Allison and they can talk about the beautiful game. I wish he'd managed and coached City but that was never going to happen. I liked him very much, warts 'n' all for what it's worth. Rest in peace.

Last edited:
Sad news after a long illness One of the great thinkers about football very close to achieving two major wins with Barca first European Cup Final in 17 years loosing on pens and England European Championship loosing again on pens in the semi to German, a game that England should have won He worked under Malcolm Allsion at Palace
RiP El Tel
Commiserations to his loved ones

Darren Anderton told a lovely story about him
on BBC radio said he was like a second father and a wonderful man you could hear the emotion in his voice

R.I.P Terry Venables

Euro 96 - what a time to be alive.
I was fed up with football after another City relegation, but those three weeks in the summer were fantastic and I loved football again.

As a someone in their mid twenties at the time, who was a huge Oasis fan, as I said, it was a great time to be alive and I'll always be grateful to El Tel and that England team for giving me a great summer (up until the Germany result obviously - but even during that match, the 'high' of going - 1-0 up after two minutes was incredible)

There aren't many managers that transcend football club rivalry.........but I think Terry Venables does.

Was genuinely moved when I heard the news of his passing on Sunday.

It truly nearly came home that summer

Sad news after a long illness One of the great thinkers about football very close to achieving two major wins with Barca first European Cup Final in 17 years loosing on pens and England European Championship loosing again on pens in the semi to German, a game that England should have won He worked under Malcolm Allsion at Palace
RiP El Tel
Commiserations to his loved ones

Darren Anderton told a lovely story about him
on BBC radio said he was like a second father and a wonderful man you could hear the emotion in his voice
Heard that lovely Anderton story. What a man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.