Israel-Palestine Conflict

From 2016. Fascinating. Definitely worth a minute of your time.

So Sherman's war crimes are his inspiration?

"No bandages, no chloroform..."

Very balanced and gloomy article from Gideon Rachman in the FT. Should be read by some of the blinkered idiots on here.

It's balanced and (rightly) gloomy as you say. But I'm not sure that there is much in it that people here would disagree with, though I might be missing something (and have barely looked at this thread in the last few months).

By blinkered idiots, you mean anybody with any optimism about any sort of solution?
I shudder to think what the "solution" some on here would advocate. But the point he makes is that there can be no effective solution while either or both of Hamas and the Israeli far-right are both in power.

I shudder to think what the "solution" some on here would advocate. But the point he makes is that there can be no effective solution while either or both of Hamas and the Israeli far-right are both in power.
Well, the latter can be solved by Israeli voters. I can see how Hamas might not be "in power" but that may only be by a strategy that creates another Hamas (who have gained influence in the West Bank because the PA hasn't been able to resist the far-right settlers). And so it goes.

"Naught for your comfort," wrote Trevor Huddleston. Yet within a few years, South Africa did have a solution. True, I've no idea of how that might pan out, especially if divestment from Israel (let alone sanctions) would inevitably be seen as antisemitic. But the Exodus was after a new Pharaoh arose who hadn't heard of Joseph, and a new generation has arisen who won't excuse present day war crimes because of the war crimes of 80 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.