Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Our style of relentless passing to each other for no effect is boring as fuck, there I said it. Football is about entertainment and watching tip tap crap is mind numbing. Doku and even Hamilton could have got behind their defence and created chances. Foden,Alvarez,Bernie and Grealish offer no variety and are risk averse.
We won a treble last year playing that way ffs what more do you want

On your average game when the result is in no doubt I can kind of understand it (still baffles me) but when there is jeopardy in the game I just fail to see the logic for a mass exodus…it’s 100% complete entitlement and complacency - i understand people have things to do and choice but if you left before 90mins today you failed the players, your fellow supporters and the club

I was up and gone when palace scored that penalty, and thousands did as well, just in case it became 2-3 so to get the fuck out of it in case it did get worse

Posted this in another thread. I do think our recruitment in recent years has been poor though. We use to have Aguero, Silva, Sane, Vinnie, Yaya, Tevez, Dzeko, Nasri, Sterling, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Gundogan, Mahrez, all on form start today. They are city level players And unfortunately Lewis, Alvarez, Kovacic, Phillips, Doku (50/50), Nunues, Gomez are not.
What ?
Sane and Yaya were battered on here for being lazy at times. Tevez fucked off to Argentina to play golf . Dzeko and Nasir were targets of the boo boys at many times. Don’t get me started on the abuse Raz used to get .And Gundogan and Mahrez ? Are you pissed ? The two of them received loads of flak and people on here only realise their importance now they’ve upped sticks.
Doku 50 /50 ?
WTF does that actually mean ?

Our style of relentless passing to each other for no effect is boring as fuck, there I said it. Football is about entertainment and watching tip tap crap is mind numbing. Doku and even Hamilton could have got behind their defence and created chances. Foden,Alvarez,Bernie and Grealish offer no variety and are risk averse.
2nd half was extremely turgid to watch.

After the pen - I can kind of understand… (the game was pretty much over at that point) but there was a stream of people in the North stand at 80 mins and I could see the standing chairs in the south stand first tier in the last 10
Happens all round the ground, one gets up and then they all pile out on mass.
The amount of tourists doesn't help.
You'd think with 99 and 9320 they'd learn their lesson by now.

I thought all of those were okay for the first 65 mins - alverez was typically busy without any major threat, Grealish and Bernado productive and foden superb for the first 65

The problem was we clearly started to coast, having gvardiol play as a virtual winger and expose space on the back line is suicidal where there is no press, as all a team has to do is float a ball into full back space with a pacy winger and we are undone - happened 3 times in the first half, for their first goal and countless times this season… this is a setup and game management issue which I lay at the door of pep and the coaches

The big concern for me is in three of those 4 drawn games we conceded the equalising goal in added time, plus the loss at Arsenal in added time,(that’s 7 points) plus the Community shield in added time. In the CL, conceded in added time (h/t) v Red Star (h) and conceded in added time v Red Star on Wednesday. This is a lack of professionalism, laziness, sloppiness or complacency… I’d argue all of them.

Because City continue to play out of the back at the end of the game instead of hoofing the ball into tow z . Pep does'nt train any different.

Just got back from the game and fcuking fuming.
Not read any other comments yet but playing Gvardiol as a left winger,I mean WTAF? He's not even a left back!
And again no substitutions to strengthen the midfield and defence to see the game out.
As for the defence I think I'll leave posting further till I've calmed down.
With you. I am at home and still fuming, in a state of disbelief, but not as I called it at 2-1. Wtf is going on??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.