European Super League | ECJ rule that UEFA and FIFA acted unlawfully in blocking Super League (p 29)

Of course they give a damn about the fans and their opinion, its what stopped the esl happening last time. This time though their fans are fed up with losing to City and Newcastle in future. They want this as much as their fans do. Now.
if they cared about the fans why are the glazers and to some extent fsg still at the clubs when they have been roundly derided , they care about the fans as long as it suits them to, if they feel that it will be better for them financially then what the fans think wont matter a jot

Isn't that what's the champions league is for?

I assume this isn't replacing the champions league.

It just dilutes European football even more in my opinion. Winning the champions league is a prestigious thing and I think adding some super league for pretty much the same clubs makes it all less meaningful
It will have to replace the Champions League. It would be impracticable to have both a CL and SL.

Just a thought - if the infamous Barca Levers involved projected income from current La Liga (okay just Barca & RM) TV deals how the hell will that work?
So Barca say to their creditors - we no longer have that deal so go and swivel for your money?
Obviously not up on Spanish Insolvency laws but, over here they could just wind up the current set up, re-brand overnight and hey presto join the ESL debt free. Just imagine if there was an English team with debts close to a billion ....................................

Yeah a good shout that! But no idea what will happen seeing they banked future money already..

so, if say girona turns out to be national champions they would only be able to play in the third division of this comp instead of the main event ahahah they are trying to make this poop smell good but when you read the small letters, it doesnt match the lip service at all

I'm wondering about the logistics of the 'free to view' aspect of the proposal.

Is it going to be like a free streaming service, where the viewer is inundated with adverts every 5 minutes in order to pay for it?
100%.

No club will join this new league without guarantee of huge revenues and the only way that is happening is through sponsorship/advertising.

"free" will be a very temporary measure.

someone should have a go at Uefa FFP being lawful at all. wish we had a go at it back in 2011 or so.
UEFA FFP; designed to stop the likes of City, Chelsea and PSG from proposing a new model of building club success through willing, legal, wealthy investment.

Ends up killing the entire sporting body itself.

4a4.gif

SSN have just said the Government have vowed to stop any teams from the EPL joining. Not sure how they would go about that

not sure why UK government cares about international competition called CL or SL as long s there isnt much change to domestic competitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.