The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They did mate, it’s why it hurts them. Our excellence shouldn’t mask their inability to finish a season in the PL. It’s why they only won one in 30 years.

Yeah, we didn't win any titles, really. Never had any real quality or hunger, us. It was all entirely down to other teams shitting the bed and handing titles to us. Didn't deserve jack shit, just had to sit back and watch teams capitulate!

Yeah, we didn't win any titles, really. Never had any real quality or hunger, us. It was all entirely down to other teams shitting the bed and handing titles to us. Didn't deserve jack shit, just had to sit back and watch teams capitulate!
Never actually stated such a thing. But when you are being chased down throughout the season, and bottle it. I would say, the team that has the lead, is the one to point out first for bottling. It doesn’t take away anything from us really. But we have made quite the “thing” out of chasing for the win. Am I wrong?

Never actually stated such a thing. But when you are being chased down throughout the season, and bottle it. I would say, the team that has the lead, is the one to point out first for bottling. It doesn’t take away anything from us really. But we have made quite the “thing” out of chasing for the win. Am I wrong?

You are. And not just you, everyone that jumps on this 'bottling' malarkey.

It’s the lazy narrative (I hate that word too!)

Totally. We dominate most of the season, have a little blip in march, but come back into it because we beat Utd home and away, and we've won the title because they bottled it? We get 98 points, winning 14 games in a row, being the only team to actually beat Liverpool. But we only won it because Liverpool bottled it. We pump arsenal home and away, win more games than them, score a lot more games, but we only win it because arsenal bottled it. Fuck that. We won the titles because we were better over the course of the whole season.

Totally. We dominate most of the season, have a little blip in march, but come back into it because we beat Utd home and away, and we've won the title because they bottled it? We get 98 points, winning 14 games in a row, being the only team to actually beat Liverpool. But we only won it because Liverpool bottled it. We pump arsenal home and away, win more games than them, score a lot more games, but we only win it because arsenal bottled it. Fuck that. We won the titles because we were better over the course of the whole season.
Yep if they are fighting any team other than City they go on and win it.

Liverpool got away with that performance today, a replay to add to their fixtures would have helped us.
They’ve gotten away with a lot all season
Only 1 defeat somehow
Worrying for us the players they’re missing and still going to tough away grounds and winning

Only the Dippers will be able to stay near us in this title race , and they are scraping results with average performances and i dont think they have another level to go to , we know we have not been our usual level due to injuries to big players and maybe an adverse reaction to winning the treble.
We have just won five on the bounce scored 17 goals and conceded just one and we have big players to return , only the Dippers are deluded enough to think they are taking our title ,its the hope that will kill them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.