A Crazy FA Cup Tie At Notts County During February 1991

Yes the Johnny come lately fans and the wankers from other clubs who go on about history and other such bullshit will never understand. We have it in spades.
By the bucket loads mate. What actually defines history of a club anyway, the red shirted wankers will say amount of trophies won so basically 80 clubs have no history according to them. I say it starts from the day a club was formed, so we have 130 years of outstanding history, and we continue to make history to this present day

By the bucket loads mate. What actually defines history of a club anyway, the red shirted wankers will say amount of trophies won so basically 80 clubs have no history according to them. I say it starts from the day a club was formed, so we have 130 years of outstanding history, and we continue to make history to this present day

Exactly. It winds me up. It's the same when pundits and commentators say, "A good old traditional football club." Now Villa are near the top of the table they trot out this shite everytime they play at Villa Park. Utter tripe.

Ha ha I had forgotten that bloody curse! Same as the supposed gypsy curse on Maine Road. We had such wretched luck at times that I had actually started to believe it. I remember when we left Maine Road and I read we had taken the center spot to place it on the pitch in our new stadium and thinking "No, don't do it!!!!" as I feared we'd brought the curse with us.
It was in some crap tabloid that some rags had a paid a gypsy to put the curse on the Etihad, that worked well for them, NOT !

Was there.
Tony Coton slapped a couple of pitch invaders at the final whistle iirc .
One of them was a mate who I worked with at the time
Life was hell for about 6 weeks after the match ,
Still no idea how we lost that game
The 2nd most embarrassing .result I'd bean to in Notts..
The1st was bloody Gary Crosby 1nil defeat at Forest..that took a year to get over working at place full of forest fans .nightmare.

Last edited:
One of them was a mate who I worked with at the time
Life was hell for about 6 weeks after the match ,
Still no idea how we lost that game
The 2nd most embarrassing .result I'd bean to in Notts..
Thex1st was bloody Gary Crosby 1nil defeat at Forest..that took a year to get over working at place full of forest fans .nightmare.
My pal who had no ticket jibbed into the wrong stadium apparently .
He reckons he thought the players were fighting but it turns out the daft sod had jibbed into a rugby ground mid scrum!
Not sure if he was bull shitting or is there a Rugby Club close by?

I remember just a few things about that Notts County game.

1. Sitting in a pub in Nottingham city centre full of City fans and almost getting high on the smell of the weed half the pub was smoking.

2. Wading through a lake of piss in the gents at the ground. Luckily my shoes didn't leak.

3. Stopping at some pub on the way home. Fuck knows where it was, but it was like the land time forgot, with yokels from another time zone.

The 'football' was shite and beyond that, I can't recall a thing.

Went straight after a 12 hour night shift in Paignton. Had a few pints near the ground and then into a open terrace that was over full. Couldn't see much tbh. Fencing in them days.Having been at Halifax and Shrewsbury I feared the worse the longer it was 0.0. Felt absolutely sick when they scored. Miserable journey on the coach back to South Devon.

I remember that game with Coton throwing a pew punches at the final whistle to a couple of pitch invaders. From what I remember one of them was having a go at Mark Ward, Coton stepped in throwing haymakers while Ward just turned around and walked off leaving him to it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.