The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
12 months ago today we drew at Forest and the doom merchants were out in force. Not promising this season will have the same outcome but way too soon to be coming to conclusions now with the inevitable twists and turns still to come.
So after being held to Forest last season we were 2 points behind Arsenal and they had a game in hand. Far too early to throw in the towel, but currently it doesn't look like the Dippers will have a downturn in results like Arsenal did last season. Could do with Chelsea beating them next week which may halt their momentum and we certainly can't afford to lose at Anfield and ideally need a win.

take away about 30 posters on here and this place is full of right moaning soft cunts and splitters

not one bert I spoke to in town last night drinking in NQ though we were now out of the title race or we wouldn't win it

Fuck me when Pep goes and we are battling for 1st-6th place I may need to quit here, the headloss from most postercl will be bad for my own mental stability
Fucking A.

A few on here seem to be giving up on it. Fair enough; that's their call.
It’s not fair enough though, is it? it’s actually completely unfair, ungracious and disrespectful to a group of players that have given us so much. Thank fuck the players aren’t as mentally weak as so many posters on here.

Like @urban genie said, what the fuck are this tedious lot going to be like when we inevitably fall away when Pep leaves? Needy and boring as fuck is the simple answer.

12 months ago today we drew at Forest and the doom merchants were out in force. Not promising this season will have the same outcome but way too soon to be coming to conclusions now with the inevitable twists and turns still to come.
Remember it well. That game was repeatedly cited as irrefutable evidence on here of why last season would end in failure.

It’s not fair enough though, is it? it’s actually completely unfair, ungracious and disrespectful to a group of players that have given us so much. Thank fuck the players aren’t as mentally weak as so many posters on here.

Like @urban genie said, what the fuck are this tedious lot going to be like when we inevitably fall away when Pep leaves? Needy and boring as fuck is the simple answer.
I thought I'd made my position clear in my post, that you've only partially quoted, by the way. I don't agree with them. Quite the opposite. But, as long as they don't contravene the rules of the forum, they are entitled to their opinions.

How to Handle Pessimism
tommaso79/Shutterstock

Having realistic expectations, rather than taking extremely positive or negative positions, may actually be the recipe for good health and happiness. Perhaps not surprisingly, low levels of pessimism, rather than high levels of optimism, have actually been associated with better health.
In other words, pessimism may be a risk factor for heart disease and other physical and mental health conditions, but optimism won’t necessarily prevent you from becoming ill. Rather than constantly aiming for a bright smile and sunny disposition, or giving in to an overall negative outlook, the goal should be moderate optimism with a daily dose of pessimism.

GDM, It's the human condition. Get with the programme, mate. Helps to cope with the stress.

How to Handle Pessimism
tommaso79/Shutterstock

Having realistic expectations, rather than taking extremely positive or negative positions, may actually be the recipe for good health and happiness. Perhaps not surprisingly, low levels of pessimism, rather than high levels of optimism, have actually been associated with better health.
In other words, pessimism may be a risk factor for heart disease and other physical and mental health conditions, but optimism won’t necessarily prevent you from becoming ill. Rather than constantly aiming for a bright smile and sunny disposition, or giving in to an overall negative outlook, the goal should be moderate optimism with a daily dose of pessimism.

GDM, It's the human condition. Get with the programme, mate. Helps to cope with the stress.
To be pessimistic isn’t definitively the human condition. We are all different in that respect at least.

It’s this deployment of the word ‘realism’ from those of a pessimistic disposition that especially gets on my tits, because their perspective goes against the weight of experience in recent years.So they don’t have a monopoly on reality, just their own perception of it.

And I haven’t stridently predicted we will win it, just that we can and imo it’s likely we will. That doesn’t make me blindly optimistic, just applying common sense and experience to the equation.

I thought I'd made my position clear in my post, that you've only partially quoted, by the way. I don't agree with them. Quite the opposite. But, as long as they don't contravene the rules of the forum, they are entitled to their opinions.
That doesn’t make what they say to be fair, which is what you literally said.

They are entitled to their opinions, but those opinions are not fairly or rationally held.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.