The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you compare Kompany to Dani Alves? They play totally different roles within midfield.
No I wouldn't but I already explained why I compared them. They both take a slot in our roster, both midfielders and deal was done between same clubs. Whichever way you look at it this was terrible business deal. Let's just say if you were playing football manager would you give Chelsea Palmer for equivalent of 20M?

Last edited:
None of those results mean anything going forward. The only thing that matters is where we are right now (well in the mix) and how much you trust this team to deliver for the remainder of the season.
I think yesterday’s result will be the jolt we needed to go into beast mode.
The players will be hurting and when that’s the case the rest need to worry.
Problem is we have had to many days like yesterday this season. I'm not convinced by this team. Were good enough to stay in the race but were making life difficult for ourselves with bad defending and lack lustre finishing.

Problem is we have had to many days like yesterday this season. I'm not convinced by this team. Were good enough to stay in the race but were making life difficult for ourselves with bad defending and lack lustre finishing.
100% this, maybe a hangover from last season’s heroics but we gotta win on Tuesday and go from there.

My whole point was that after a fairly inconsistent season performance wise and missing our most important players for large parts we are right in the mix with said injured players returning and us normally always managing the latter stages of a season better than anybody else.

This year has been a year of transition and filling in holes with new and/or inexperienced players.

The first XI is good enough to beat anyone on any day, but from there we drop off dramatically.

We have 2 player cover at the back, 2 player cover in midfield, and 2 player cover upfront. That’s a 17 man squad with any experience, and I’m including Gvardiol, who is in his first season.

If we win the League, with this squad, after a treble winning season, it will be an awesome achievement, esp given KDB was out for 5 months and Haaland for 2 months.

We’re certainly not out of the title race but our margin for error was reduced further yesterday. Chelsea helped us win the league in race versus dippers and that 4 points lost to them this season could well be the difference this year.

That said there’s a very long way to go and plenty twists and turns ahead for all parties. Can we do it YES, will we, well we’ll have to wait and see. Rest assured though that the opposition clubs (fair enough), refereeing syndicate, media and the premier league are all hoping we fail and will do their best to lessen our opportunity to retain the title at every turn be that within the laws of the game or NOT

more worried about dippers as apart from the actual top teams not many clubs can stand up to them and get a result.
dippers lost points so far in these fixtures:
Chelsea away draw
Spurs away loss (infamous VAR communication blunder, somehow these audios never shared after City games)
Luton away draw
City away
rags home draw
Arsenal home draw
Arsenal away loss

all top teams except the Luton game, it means anyone outside top7 or so is beaten by the dippers so far
now they have 13 games left and only 9 of them are not against above tricky clubs. (I wont class their next Pool-Luton game tricky)

basically they have Pool-rags, Pool-City, Villa-Pool and maybe Everton-Pool, Pool-spurs at a stretch where there is a chance of them not winning(fully expect Dyche to lie down to Klopp and Emery too, Ten Hag the clown, Postecoglou and Pep gives him a game hopefully), but they also can also win 2-3 of these easily. other 8-9 games left is likely a win hard to see Forest, WHU, Fulham , Palace , Sheffield, Brighton etc to trouble them, much more like dippers on a 2 goal lead already at HT vs these...

we are really on a tight rope due to our points lost so far, and we aint blowing team away that much this season, we often couldnt kill off teams from a lead letting them equalize, we can make a real struggle to beat some ordinary team too or making their defence/keeper a hero, while Pool or Arsenal rips apart them at HT recently.

imo its unlikely 83-84 points would be enough, more like 85-87 very much needed imo.
for that we would need 32-34 from the available 42 maximum.
very hard with still to play:
Spurs away
Pool away
Villa home
rags home
Arsenal home
Palace away
Brighton away

etc.

we can afford potentially 4 more draws or 1 loss and 3 draws of 14 games left. any worse than that imo wont worth title win.

but also I can see dippers winning 10 more games, draw 3 or win 10, draw 2 and lose 1. thats 90 points or 89 points. near impossible for us to match that with above fixtures still left to play. of course even the likes of Palace went and lied down to everyone last few weeks except at Etihad and now they change manager and we face a much different Palace I bet,same as Chelsea beaten by rags, Castle, Pool comfortably only for them to find some form before the City game and ride out a draw...

lot depends on the dippers-City game early March. lose that and we give them incredible belief, added motivation, momentum that they can do it.
or win that and we can peg them back, self doubt can creep in for them etc.
draw aint helping us much (Arteta would be licking his lips tho), but of course hell of a lot better than a loss.
cant see us winning there given how many times we went there sometimes even in much better form that what we have these days and shit the bed, that Mahrez pen miss as the crux of it, last min pen to win finally there and he fires it above few years ago...
Stay away from sharp objects !!

I'll have your ticket.

please pm me .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.