The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We can’t rely on anyone else. If City can’t go to spurs and the dips and win then how can we expect other inferior teams? Nah it’s time city banish these stupid fucking hoodoos. 5 trophies last season cemented us into the very top.

If we don’t turn up we don’t deserve to win the league again. It’s that simple this season.
this draw might be a blessing in disguise in perspective, now pep will have to set players for a win and only vs dippers, because earlier in the season if u remember vs arse and villa we were only there for a point at best, didn't even look trying to win none of those games basically the team was unrecognizable...

We are 5 for 5 in these title races, which is good.

But if you believe in omens, every time Pep has won the title with City, we have had at least a 12 game winning streak in each of those winning seasons.

It’s still possible we can do this again, but it’s looking very unlikely.

I don’t believe in omens and still think we win it regardless.

The good omen: we have won any title race under Pep when we have been no more than 8 pts off the top after 24 games.

We were 10 pts off Chelsea after 24 games in 16-17, and we were 19 pts off Liverpool in 19-20.

At various points in 18-19, 20-21 and 22-23 we were 7-8 pts off Liverpool or Arsenal and still won the title.

Basically, City are very good in title races. That was true also before Pep, as both Mancini and Pellegrini won close title races, with worse teams at that. Of course, this tendency doesn’t guarantee success. But, imo, it's not only, or even mostly, about luck.

The main thing: we should stay close to our rivals in March and April and we are likely to win it. If we win our games before Liverpool, even a loss at Anfield wouldn't mean curtains to our title chances, just us the loss there in 2014 didn't stop us from winning the league.

That said I think we won't lose at Anfield.

Last edited:
The good omen: we have won any title race under Pep when we have been no more than 8 pts off the top after 24 games.

We were 10 pts off Chelsea after 24 games in 16-17, and we were 19 pts off Liverpool in 19-20.

At various points in 18-19, 20-21 and 22-23 we were 7-8 pts off Liverpool or Arsenal and still won the title.

Basically, City are very good in title races. That was true also before Pep, as both Mancini and Pellegrini won close title races, with worse teams at that. Of course, this tendency doesn’t guarantee success. But, imo, it's not only, or even mostly, about luck.

The main thing: we should stay close to our rivals in March and April and we are likely to win it. If we win our games before Liverpool, even a loss at Anfield wouldn't mean curtains to our title chances, just us the loss their in 2014 didn't stop us from winning the league.

That said I think we won't lose there.
I don't think we will either.
And a big factor could be liverpool away at villa 2nd to last game.

We have only been outright favourites in mid February once in the modern era...Centurians season.

We have had to win it in the last month,the last week,the last day and the last minute.

2.1 down v QPR
1.0 down at Brighton
2.0 down v Vanilla

8 points behind the rags
8 points behind arse
14 wins on the bounce to beat the dippers

42 points to play for including agin arse & dippers

This team are in contention for for immortality...
Four in a row
Back to back CLs
Back to back Trebles

It's time for ALL City fans to show some fecking balls, stop nit picking over 3 missed chances and 2 dropped points and get right behind this team starting on Tuesday night....and stick behind them all the way to the bloody end.

19th May...Champions
25th May...FA Cup Winners
1st June...CL Champions
at WEMBLEY

Three consecutive weekends AGAIN to achieve success and immortality....we must drive this team on because this may never,ever happen again.

Do your duty !!

We have only been outright favourites in mid February once in the modern era...Centurians season.

We have had to win it in the last month,the last week,the last day and the last minute.

2.1 down v QPR
1.0 down at Brighton
2.0 down v Vanilla

8 points behind the rags
8 points behind arse
14 wins on the bounce to beat the dippers

42 points to play for including agin arse & dippers

This team are in contention for for immortality...
Four in a row
Back to back CLs
Back to back Trebles

It's time for ALL City fans to show some fecking balls, stop nit picking over 3 missed chances and 2 dropped points and get right behind this team starting on Tuesday night....and stick behind them all the way to the bloody end.

19th May...Champions
25th May...FA Cup Winners
1st June...CL Champions
at WEMBLEY

Three consecutive weekends AGAIN to achieve success and immortality....we must drive this team on because this may never,ever happen again.

Do your duty !!

The main thing: we should stay close to our rivals in March and April and we are likely to win it. If we win our games before Liverpool, even a loss at Anfield wouldn't mean curtains to our title chances, just us the loss there in 2014 didn't stop us from winning the league.

That said I think we won't lose at Anfield.
Speaking objectively, I’m not sure we were brilliant in the Mancini run in. The last six games were obviously faultless.

Before that we won one out of five and were effectively out of the title race if it wasn’t for United committing one of the biggest bottle jobs in premier league history (which doesn’t get mentioned due to the drama of the Aguero goal being the main theme of that title win).

If think if we dropped that many points in our final 10/11 games this season we won’t be winning the title.

Depends how many games you consider the “run in” to be.

I'm not usually one for being negative at all, but I just don't see us doing the league this season.

Usual scenario is that we end up in a 2 horse race with another team, we get our heads down and do the business while the other team bottles it or can't deliver the consistency to the end. This season though there are two other teams we need to fail, both of whom are bang in form.

In addition, we have built our success on being extremely good defensively, whereas now, although not terrible, we are always likely to give a goal away. As we found out on Saturday, that can be the difference between getting all the point or not. Especially against teams that we don't score lots against to counteract goals conceded.

We have a very tough few months ahead with away games at our rivals. We've won it mane times before where we had our doubts. I just think this may be one too many times for us.

Praying we get better at the back and he stops persisting with Alvarez and Haaland, and plays Foden in the middle!

March is massive.
If we don't drop too many points and stay in amongst then our last 6 games should yield us 15, 16 pts taking into account us going to Spuds.
That game away at Spuds could be the one that most decides things.
Just glad we've finally got a result there this season, which should help

I'm not usually one for being negative at all, but I just don't see us doing the league this season.

Usual scenario is that we end up in a 2 horse race with another team, we get our heads down and do the business while the other team bottles it or can't deliver the consistency to the end. This season though there are two other teams we need to fail, both of whom are bang in form.

In addition, we have built our success on being extremely good defensively, whereas now, although not terrible, we are always likely to give a goal away. As we found out on Saturday, that can be the difference between getting all the point or not. Especially against teams that we don't score lots against to counteract goals conceded.

We have a very tough few months ahead with away games at our rivals. We've won it mane times before where we had our doubts. I just think this may be one too many times for us.

Praying we get better at the back and he stops persisting with Alvarez and Haaland, and plays Foden in the middle!
The dips got beat at Arsenal 2 games ago, so of they're bang in form then our draw on Saturday doesn't look too shabby, continuing our unbeaten run.
6 pointers coming up in the next few weeks in terms of the title.
We normally step up to the plate for these.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.