Does anyone else feel like this?

Why didn’t the people who are disenfranchised make their tickets available for yesterday’s game?

If you went did you try to get behind the lads for the full 100 minutes?

I grt the frustration about allocations / touts but surely there were enough diehards there to generate a better atmosphere.

went ballistic when Stones scored, the 2 behind me didn’t flinch and looked at us like we were something off the bottom of their shoe, they were Liverpool supporting tourists in our end, and it‘s so wrong

I know you’re highlighting the Chinese fans in Liverpool end here but I’d hate to think my wife (asian who hates plastic half and half fans) a season ticket holder of 15 years would get a hard time because of a growing hatred towards asian fans. I know you’re not racist but there is a little bit of a worrying theme in this thread, I do agree though that this issue needs to be addressed as we need to identify where these Chinese (plastic/ non City fans) tickets are coming from as it is a real issue for away games and poor atmosphere in some matches.

I've felt like this for a few years mate. VAR and social media have killed the game for me. I still go to 10-15 games a season, but only if I'm going with my sons. I never go on my own anymore. I had a sole solo season ticket for 20 odd years. When they leave home soon I doubt I'll go. Not being able to get at ticket at home to Real Madrid last season despite going to every Champs Lg home game and having a massive amount of points on my City Member account was the final straw for me. I felt massively let down and abandoned by the club, whilst thousands of half and half scarf tourists got tickets. Cheers City.

I'm only going now because my son likes going. Plus it gives us memories, like the time I set his car on fire lol.

If my lad didnt go I wouldn't

I know you’re highlighting the Chinese fans in Liverpool end here but I’d hate to think my wife (asian who hates plastic half and half fans) a season ticket holder of 15 years would get a hard time because of a growing hatred towards asian fans. I know you’re not racist but there is a little bit of a worrying theme in this thread, I do agree though that this issue needs to be addressed as we need to identify where these Chinese (plastic/ non City fans) tickets are coming from as it is a real issue for away games and poor atmosphere in some matches.
I think there’s a distinction to be made. At the Brentford home game the other week I was surprised by the number of Chinese fans, but most of them didn’t give the impression of being tourists - wearing previous seasons’ shirts, not taking much notice of the “show” outside the ground, obviously having been before and not tourists. There were some obvious tourists but certainly not all. It follows that this might apply to away games too.

Regards the impact on the atmosphere, it’s probably as much a cultural thing as anything, rather than just being a “half/half tourist” - my experience of the Chinese at university was, almost without exception, they tended to be very quiet, reserved, didn’t really integrate and kept their heads down - not the sort you’d be likely to find joining in vociferously and passionately behind a team at a football match. Again it’s nothing against people from that region - it’s just the culture and the way the world has gone. I certainly felt like the odd one out at that game booing their keeper / giving Ben Mee verbal for his “injury” / loudly offering my glasses to the linesman etc, where as back in the good old days of the North Stand at Maine Road that would have been mild. I even noticed the first swear word I heard was 48 minutes into the game!

It’s obviously just very different now, and more a reflection of cultural and demographic shifts. But if I was a regular, I would definitely be upset at the ticket situation as described and it’s not just us - watch any top-flight game on TV and the obvious tourists are there for all to see.

Maybe if the Blues who are fed up of going let City know a year ago, we could have knocked the North Stand expansion on the head. You might have missed out on the Manchester FA Cup Final, Istanbul and the treble but I’m sure that would have been a price worth paying given how disenfranchised people are.

I agree, why pay £30 to see City at home in the FA Cup on a Saturday when you spent a £1,000 on Istanbul trips. Each to their own.

I also think that for your £30 ticket for Liverpool away (that you couldn’t enjoy because of some tourists), these said tourists should have done the singing for you. That is only fair and supports the “integrity of the points system”.

I’m increasingly disenfranchised with going to the football but it’s not the tourists, it’s some of our own “fans”.

Coked up teenagers and gangs of scallies trashing our own stadium, and staff who treat us like prisoners and criminals.

Maybe if the Blues who are fed up of going let City know a year ago, we could have knocked the North Stand expansion on the head. You might have missed out on the Manchester FA Cup Final, Istanbul and the treble but I’m sure that would have been a price worth paying given how disenfranchised people are.

I agree, why pay £30 to see City at home in the FA Cup on a Saturday when you spent a £1,000 on Istanbul trips. Each to their own.

I also think that for your £30 ticket for Liverpool away (that you couldn’t enjoy because of some tourists), these said tourists should have done the singing for you. That is only fair and supports the “integrity of the points system”.
All good points Tim, but when was this “Manchester” cup final you speak of?

I’m increasingly disenfranchised with going to the football but it’s not the tourists, it’s some of our own “fans”.

Coked up teenagers and gangs of scallies trashing our own stadium, and staff who treat us like prisoners and criminals.
Move to CBL3, there’s less of them up there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.