England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Out of curiosity who would you guys want for manager? I know there's a stat that no team with a foreign coach has won the WC. Problem is we dont have any good English coaches tbh.

I'd go for Emery. Good cup manager usually and plays decent football.
Thing is, would Emery take the job? He's in a pretty seat right now. It would represent a fairly big risk for him to leave a successful unfinished project like Villa, and suddenly have the spotlight that comes with the England job.

The first name that springs to mind for me is Jose. He's available, he's known to covet the job, he is a huge step up in tactical acumen, vision, reputation, and probably leadership, and he's great in cup competitions which national football basically consists of.

I wouldn't totally rule out all Englishmen. Eddie Howe is probably the best of the bunch, I wouldn't make him my number one target but again he would be an improvement in class and knowledge. May have the same problems as with Emery though.

Thing is, would Emery take the job? He's in a pretty seat right now. It would represent a fairly big risk for him to leave a successful unfinished project like Villa, and suddenly have the spotlight that comes with the England job.

The first name that springs to mind for me is Jose. He's available, he's known to covet the job, he is a huge step up in tactical acumen, vision, reputation, and probably leadership, and he's great in cup competitions which national football basically consists of.

I wouldn't totally rule out all Englishmen. Eddie Howe is probably the best of the bunch, I wouldn't make him my number one target but again he would be an improvement in class and knowledge. May have the same problems as with Emery though.
I dont think Emery would right now but I feel like Villa are the sort to sack him after a run of a few bad games. Howe is the best but he doesnt strike me with confidence. Would he do a better job than Southgate though? Yeah.

Mourinho would be good in cup competitions but I dont know how he'd set up. This team atm is begging to play attacking/controlled football. I dont think anyone would be happy with his tactics. Ideally a manager who can change the team per the opponents and the tactics to match.

I dont think Emery would right now but I feel like Villa are the sort to sack him after a run of a few bad games. Howe is the best but he doesnt strike me with confidence. Would he do a better job than Southgate though? Yeah.

Mourinho would be good in cup competitions but I dont know how he'd set up. This team atm is begging to play attacking/controlled football. I dont think anyone would be happy with his tactics. Ideally a manager who can change the team per the opponents and the tactics to match.
This is a bit of a wildcard, but what about Claudio Ranieri? He's adaptable, doesn't stick to plan A, doesn't overplay anyone, again is a gear ahead in the characteristics mentioned above, and I think importantly he has that special ability to get more than the sum of the parts out of squads. I'm sure we could convince him to ditch Cagliari for one more elite level trophy campaign.

He'd be mad to take it. You could understand it if the Spanish gig became available.

This is a bit of a wildcard, but what about Claudio Ranieri? He's adaptable, doesn't stick to plan A, doesn't overplay anyone, again is a gear ahead in the characteristics mentioned above, and I think importantly he has that special ability to get more than the sum of the parts out of squads. I'm sure we could convince him to ditch Cagliari for one more elite level trophy campaign.
I like Ranieri but wouldn't he get outmatched/tactics against the better opponents ?

I like Ranieri but wouldn't he get outmatched/tactics against the better opponents ?
Possibly, I wouldn't necessarily say so in international football. He has a better chance of that not happening than Southgate does, which has got to be the criteria in reality for this specific job.

Ranieri's only experience of international football was Greece in 2014.

He managed to lose to the Faroe Islands and was sacked in less than 6 months.

Rigid 442 or fucking about and tinkering with tactics without a clear strategy. Not sure that's an improvement on Southgate.

Ivan Toney should be nowhere near the England team either. Disgrace the way his return has been heralded in the media.

Good on White.
Arteta is a poor man's Pep but the training is about pass pass pass score.
Waistcoats training is lump it up, run fast, but not you 5 cos we don't want them to score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.