England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

What's White said shouldn't come as surprise, I'll bet there loads more people like him out there including one or more from our club.

But the difference is, they will not admit it on public like him.

Mourinho would be good in cup competitions but I dont know how he'd set up. This team atm is begging to play attacking/controlled football. I dont think anyone would be happy with his tactics. Ideally a manager who can change the team per the opponents and the tactics to match.
I have always said that I think Mourihno would be perfect for England.

I dont think Emery would right now but I feel like Villa are the sort to sack him after a run of a few bad games. Howe is the best but he doesnt strike me with confidence. Would he do a better job than Southgate though? Yeah.

Mourinho would be good in cup competitions but I dont know how he'd set up. This team atm is begging to play attacking/controlled football. I dont think anyone would be happy with his tactics. Ideally a manager who can change the team per the opponents and the tactics to match.

The issue with English fans of any sport is that we don't know what we fucking want. We want to win. But only if we play aggressive, attacking styles. But then if that doesn't succeed there's then a call for pragmatism. We got to a RWC semi final playing a pragmatic kicking game and people suggested we should play more attacking rugby with ball in hand even if we lose. The cricket team has gone down the attacking route and people loved it. But then we failed to regain the Ashes and lose in India and people are calling for more balance.

What other International teams play this attacking football we all long for? France have plenty of attacking talent, but they don't stick it all on the pitch at once. Argentina loaded their midfield with people who ran their socks off rather than creative midfielders. Can a back five of Pickford, Shaw/Chilwell, Maguire, Stones and Walker defend the space left if Rice, Bellingham and Foden all play together?

International football is often settled by the odd goal or penalties. Whilst I don't think Southgate managed the final against Italy well, we were a shootout away from winning it. And our performance against the French was good. Again, a missed penalty stopped us getting further in that game. We had the better chances.

For those of us who are City fans, we've largely come to the agreement that we look a better side with Kovacic alongside Rodri. That balance helps us attack without being sliced apart. In tournament football you have to be balanced.

And Mourinho would be even more defensive. Based on the lack of quality English options at the moment we have to go foreign again for the next manager, but the FA will be just as keen that it's someone who can talk LGBTQ+ rights as well as they can talk football.

Terrible idea.

He would curb the creativity of players like Foden even more than the Waistcoat does.

The most negative manager I know, with the possible exception of Pearce.
I think his recent style has been a reflection of bad teams on a league format. Give him this side in a knockout tournament and we win.

He understands the English game and the press and pressure that comes with it. He can man manage and motivate better than Southgate. You think they actually listen to waistcoat? He’ll get walked over everyday by players if he goes into club management.

What's White said shouldn't come as surprise, I'll bet there loads more people like him out there including one or more from our club.

But the difference is, they will not admit it on public like him.
We did have a goalkeeper who wasn’t interested in football.
Think it was Harry Dowd.

And the manager saying to him. “We're playing Arsenal today…. They’re the team in red”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.