Season Tickets - 2024/25

I think a walk out is the second best way of protesting after not attending at all.

I think a take your seat late protest would cause issues, concourses would be packed and would be a safety issue.
It would still be safer than Turf Moor

I suggested something pretty similar to the club early on in City Matters.

They had come up with a number of possible schemes (including a midweek and weekend season ticket). We didn't think much of the club's suggestions but I made a counter-proposal where you paid s sum up-front, then bought match tickets nearer the time, with your upfront payment being used to offset the cost of the match ticket (say by £10) until it was all used up (i.e., when you'd bought 15 tickets. Or the £10 could be used for all 19 PL games, meaning you'd get better value the more games you attended.

If they're not using the upfront £150 in that way then that defeats the object in my opinion.

The time to protest was years ago, we are way too far gone for them to do anything. they were allowed to get away with constant price hikes for years and now that's the norm. Most will simply begrudgingly swallow it as there's nothing they can do, you give it up in protest, somebody takes your place for the big games, and pays more for those to cover the empty seats in the midweek game thats not sold and your absence isn't even noted.

a portion will hit their threshold limit each year and have to give it up and then city get more match day tickets to sell which is what they want.

I hope the next time pep asks for noise from the crowd or khaldoon or Soriano starts throwing out comments about the fans, they're reminded that they're eating away at that core every year with these greedy prices. Only comforting thing is we are not unique, it's happening everywhere, fans coming together or even the new independent regulator is our best hope of change being forced upon clubs because they won't listen to us and change of their own accord.

The worst thing is, this doesn't even earn city that much more money, it's relatively miniscule amount when totalled up compared to what city brings in anyway but even then, a lot of people will just cut out other city related expenses to cover it. That pre-match/half time pint and pie gets cut out to cover the increase or the new seasons 3rd city top gets skipped or you go down the cheap dodgy kit route for the kids kits instead of the genuine thing and so on. City won't be getting more money from me, I'll just be getting less for my money and that benefits nobody.

So here’s my two-penneth, for what it’s worth!
- Will the club make a significant amount of money from the increase in season ticket prices. NO. Clearly it will bring in extra revenue but it wont be substantial.
- Would a price freeze have been a great PR exercise. YES. But it wouldn’t have helped pay the bills. I’m assuming running costs have increased in line with the extra costs every one of us has had to absorb into our weekly budgets.
- Am I now in a position where I have to consider the reality of giving up my season ticket. YES. Something that I would never want to do but competing demands for my cash means that I have to look very closely at the extra cost and then make a case for keeping it or not.
- Do I want the club to continue being successful? OFCOURSE. I understand that this comes at a cost. Our neighbours saw it many years ago. Their local support eroded by travelling supporters willing to pay a kings ransom to see their team. We are now that team. Like it or not. We have world famous superstars that people are willing to pay huge amounts of money so they can post a photo on social media and say, I was there. The club is cashing in on this opportunity and some may consider it to be maximising the business opportunity, others will think differently.
- Will I continue to support City if I decide not to renew? 100%. We are all at different stages of our lives, different responsibilities and different financial circumstances. But one thing wont ever change, and that’s to be a blue until I take my last breath. We can pontificate on here about the rights and wrongs but times are changing and we can either pay up or decide to move on. Come what may, we’ll always have our blue family. CTID

The Champions Of Europe
The Champions Of England
FA Cup winners
Uefa Super Cup Winners.
Champions Of The World....

A £1.57 increase for each home game... I'm happy with that.
My increase is £1.05 per home league match, so I am OK with that.

Sympathise with those under the age of 65 and family groups, the Club could do more to help them.

No it's not, if you have significant financial problems you shouldn't have a season ticket, attending a game of football at City is a luxury, loads won't go because they can't afford it, but that's the same with everything, holidays, going out etc, if you can't afford it you don't do it, that's not City's fault.
Yes and maybe there are people who could afford it and now can’t, or it’s causing them to have to cut back in other areas. These are hard times and your ungracious attitude fucking stinks. One of the most (two now) horrible and smug posts I have ever seen in here.

I've been trying to get a season ticket for years there impossible to get. There's no point moaning at price rises as there's a long queue to take your ticket, harsh yes, but true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.