82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

Him over Walker. Iv said all season Walker need to be benched. He is way to careless and leaves his players too often and we get exposed
Mmmm. To be objective - Walker is a great RB with unmatchable pace but not as good in midfield. Rico great in midfield but perhaps not the best Full Back ?

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly - compare it with that interview with Palmer …….. I’ll say no more
It's surprising how poor Palmer comes across on camera. Aren't academy lads at the bigger clubs given media training, to appear comfortable when a camera is stuck in their face, and to avoid lots of "ums" and "ers" in interviews? Lewis looks like he's been doing that nonsense for years.

Reactions: CC1
Him over Walker. Iv said all season Walker need to be benched. He is way to careless and leaves his players too often and we get exposed
Lewis is unlikely to become a defender, and the reason Walker has left so many players is because he’s been tasked with covering an entire side with Doku on the left in the absence of Grealish. Now that the ‘Brummy rummy’ is fit and firing again, Walker can get back to his normal duties. We’re blessed with numerous versatile players.

Wonder if he could play the Rodri role occasionally to give him the guy a much needed rest from time to time.

A great prospect, hopefully, he will nail down a position of his own, interesting to see he prefers the midfield position.

Reactions: OB1
It's surprising how poor Palmer comes across on camera. Aren't academy lads at the bigger clubs given media training, to appear comfortable when a camera is stuck in their face, and to avoid lots of "ums" and "ers" in interviews? Lewis looks like he's been doing that nonsense for years.
That’s because Palmer’s a typical United fan. Thick as fuck.

What was with the "yapping" celebration to the Palace fans yesterday? Was he getting more than the regulation stick all opposing players get off fans? Watching it, I didn't pick up anything particularly raucous being directed at him. He didn't seem to be getting what Mount got at Stamford Bridge.

Wonder if he could play the Rodri role occasionally to give him the guy a much needed rest from time to time.
Think Rico has certain attributes for the central defensive midfield role.
His close control, passing ability and vision is exceptional for a teenager.
But, I'm unsure he currently has the physical presence, "nous" and required experience to play this crucial role.
If you feck-up in this position, it often leads to a goal conceded.
Think he would be ideal to play alongside Kovacic, perhaps pushing forward when the chance arises...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.