82 | Rico Lewis - 2023/24

It's surprising how poor Palmer comes across on camera. Aren't academy lads at the bigger clubs given media training, to appear comfortable when a camera is stuck in their face, and to avoid lots of "ums" and "ers" in interviews? Lewis looks like he's been doing that nonsense for years.

I’m absolutely certain City players get it and have certain things drilled into them. I’m sure they tattoo one game at a time under their eyelids.

Lewis is clearly a bright kid, which shows in his play.

I still think he is more of a midfield player than a full back.

He's not scared to play the ball into tight areas and pick it up in tight areas, that's been crucial to picking teams apart in the past 2 games.

Wonder if he could play the Rodri role occasionally to give him the guy a much needed rest from time to time.
My weird brain sees him more as a deeper David Silva type player oddly enough. Probably not as creative (although he has shown a good eye for a through ball), but his ability to play in the pockets and be an effective attacking outlet just has that Merlin-esque familiarity to me

Amazing to see all the clamour for Mainoo in recent weeks and yet we've got our own Rico playing midfield like a big haired Phillip Lahm. He may have some weaknesses, but there's little doubt he gets us playing football a lot better

My weird brain sees him more as a deeper David Silva type player oddly enough. Probably not as creative (although he has shown a good eye for a through ball), but his ability to play in the pockets and be an effective attacking outlet just has that Merlin-esque familiarity to me
Let's hope so. Silva was more than 5 years older than Rico is now when he arrived at City, so we're still looking at a very young player in comparison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.