19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

That's where there is a main difference, Alvarez will fucking try, in fact like Tevez he runs his fucking socks off mainly every time he plays, where as your mate Jesus just frowns or rolls about on floor, hence why he is no longer with us, so there is no shock in store coming at all, he's a tryer, and his stats outweigh Jesus, simple as.

Pep said Jesus was one of the best in the World when it came to pressing, and repeatedly said it's unusual to find a top player who will put in so much effort.

Alvarez is a better finisher, but has less skillful close control, however I'd argue that in terms of being a 'tryer' they are probably two of the best we've had in the last decade.

Sometimes medals can be misleading.
Carson has 2 winners medals in champions league with 2 different clubs and Kovavic has 4 winners medals having played a total of 7 minutes and that 7 minutes was against us as a sub for Chelsea.
I like Alvarez, tries hard and had scored some important goals.
Using medals as an argument isn't always correct.

There are exceptions though..

Balotelli won a treble and pissed off United with his 1 lone assist of the season..

1713104161553.png

Late in the game yesterday, when the result was already a foregone conclusion, he chased from the left wing position right across the pitch to help close down their build up and win the ball back. Incredible work ethic.

Julian has 3.132 minutes played this season with 29 G+A. That's a goal contribution every 108 minutes and a lot of hard work on top of it. That's while being played mostly out of position. Incredible young player and we are lucky to have him.
He did most of that when he was playing nearly every match in the first half of the season, and when he covered for Haaland up top and scored a goal a game.

No surprise that he's running out of steam a little - yet, he's been vital to us this season.

It’s unfair to judge Alvarez when Haaland plays. Only room for one of them imo.
When he has played up front this season, in 12 games, we have won 11 drawn 1.
Latest game against Villa was the best we played all season.

Pep said Jesus was one of the best in the World when it came to pressing, and repeatedly said it's unusual to find a top player who will put in so much effort.

Alvarez is a better finisher, but has less skillful close control, however I'd argue that in terms of being a 'tryer' they are probably two of the best we've had in the last decade.

Then sold him, yea see where you’re going with that

Then sold him, yea see where you’re going with that
Where I'm going?

You suggested Alvarez runs about and tries, whereas Jesus didn't. I pointed out that Pep said exactly the opposite numerous times, and I don't think I've ever seen Jesus described as not trying at City. Nothing to do with whether City sold him.

If you do want to bring that up, Pep didn't want to sell him, and City offered him a new contract to try to encourage him to stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.