The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really enjoyed the weekend and the points unexpectedly dropped by both Arsenal and Liverpool.
When we play Brighton the table probably will look differently again. There are still many points to play for and many to be dropped. Last weekend results however has put a (huge) dent in those clubs aim to win the league.

For us it’s CL and FA cup first. When we play Brighton the PL might even be the last piece of silverware we can win.
Somehow I prefer us to hunt teams down rather than keep hunters away.

We have tough fixtures against motivated teams....Brighton,Notts F,Fulham,Spuds, all of whom can be good (orshite) on their day.

Every team wants to beat the Champions so hopefully they'll open the game to our advantage.

The PL is not a given so gird your loins and take ONE GAME AT A TIME !!

Every game is tough now, that's why it's when the title race truly starts.

Teams fighting to survive, fighting for Europe or with nothing to play for and just going for it with no pressure.

Forest away and Spurs away standout in our fixtures. Forest fighting for survival, we could do with them beating Everton next weekend! The Spurs who I'm hoping will either have no chance of the CL or will have booked their spot - or even better, when we've already won the title! If we have to beat them when we play them I'd be a wreck!

Really enjoyed the weekend and the points unexpectedly dropped by both Arsenal and Liverpool.
When we play Brighton the table probably will look differently again. There are still many points to play for and many to be dropped. Last weekend results however has put a (huge) dent in those clubs aim to win the league.

For us it’s CL and FA cup first. When we play Brighton the PL might even be the last piece of silverware we can win.
Somehow I prefer us to hunt teams down rather than keep hunters away.
We could quite easily end up with nothing so keeping your feet on the ground and taking each game as it comes is the only way, it's STILL completely wide-open.

No one with any control over their emotions thinks the league is over. Liverpool and Arsenal have let us back into the race. Before we were hanging around like a spare wheel to skys greatest ever bullshit.

What it does do imo is give us a tiny bit of leeway to drop points. I am mainly looking at the dodgy spurs game which is an unhappy hunting ground. Win our next two with hopefully both arse and dips maybe draw another game so we can afford that slip.

Other than that nothing else has changed. City top has scared our rivals whom I think have actually been in a false position. The Rodri games we could not win at the start. The injuries to our key man kdb and Haaland not the same Haaland as last year. Also the noticeable absence of Gundo and Mahrez, although Phil is ready to take that over on his own. Pundits forget about the brutal March fixtures we had to endure aswell.

All in all we probably should be about 6 points clear at this point.

Quietly reassured we have the best in the business guiding us to more glory. I genuinely don’t know what we might end up with but no one can doubt the strength of character on show.

#what a club

Last edited:
Every game is tough now, that's why it's when the title race truly starts.

Teams fighting to survive, fighting for Europe or with nothing to play for and just going for it with no pressure.

Forest away and Spurs away standout in our fixtures. Forest fighting for survival, we could do with them beating Everton next weekend! The Spurs who I'm hoping will either have no chance of the CL or will have booked their spot - or even better, when we've already won the title! If we have to beat them when we play them I'd be a wreck!

Every game is tricky when you are on the run-in and for me the last six games is the real run-in. The pressure is huge: the stakes are high.

This is when “one game at a time” and “fight to the end” become very significant.

Our manager and most of our players are on familiar ground. They know the drill and they know that they can do it, as does everyone else, which is why football social media has gone into meltdown in a ridiculous fashion. The past though is never a guaranteed guide the future but let’s hope it is once more a guide to City’s immediate future.

All about nerve and not getting bad luck from here on in.

If the Liverpool and Arsenal players react even 1% as despondently as their fans, we’ll be fine. I can’t believe how many of them are giving up!

I think Liverpool are still the big threat - Klopp leaving means there’s no “better luck next year”, no going again etc, plus they’ve actually got the trophies and experience behind their squad.

Klopp announcing his leaving was always going to be a 50/50 on whether it would galvanise them or put too much pressure on them. The last week has suggested the latter and it’s now that that pressure really ramps up too.

Still think there’s too long to go to know anything for sure though

No one with any control over their emotions thinks the league is over. Liverpool and Arsenal have let us back into the race. Before we were hanging around like a spare wheel to skys greatest ever bullshit.

What it does do imo is give us a tiny bit of leeway to drop points. I am mainly looking at the dodgy spurs game which is an unhappy hunting ground. Win our next two with hopefully both arse and dips maybe drawing another game so we can afford that slip.

Other than that nothing else has changed. City top has scared our rivals whom I think have actually been in a false position. The Rodri games we could not win at the start. The injuries to our key man kdb and Haaland not the same Haaland as last year. Also the noticeable absence of Gundo and Mahrez, although Phil is ready to take that over on his own. Pundits forget about the brutal March fixtures we had to endure aswell.

All in all we probably should be about and 6 points clear at this point.

Quietly reassured we have the best in the business guiding us to more glory. I genuinely don’t know what we might end up with but no one can doubt the strength of character on show.

#what a club
Thought the same myself. Yesterday put it in our hands, which is all we can I ask for. Tiny bit of wriggle room is there now like you say, where as before there was zero. Those 2 results were unbelievable tbh.

Wacky Races
The only times Dick Dastardly came close to winning in 'Seesaw to Arkansas' involved a photo finish between four cars, including the Mean Machine, only for Dastardly to stop to have his picture taken before crossing the finishing line, ending the race 4th overall

Looks like Klopps resignation may have been his Dick Dastardly moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.