City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Not that it means anything, but Googled the differences and this paragraph came up on some Chelsea site. Pretty much what my thoughts on what the differences are too.

'By these definitions a fan is someone that has an interest or admiration for a sport, art form or famous person – i.e. highlighting the often passing interest in something rooted in attraction, personalities or entertainment whereas a supporter is someone who is actively interested in (i.e. goes to games) and wishes success for a particular team (i.e. gets behind them in the hope that they will succeed)!'
Exactly, a fan isn't a supporter, a supporter supports the team whatever, and doesn't fuck off with 10 minutes to go because he might get home 20 minutes earlier.

Not that it means anything, but Googled the differences and this paragraph came up on some Chelsea site. Pretty much what my thoughts on what the differences are too.

'By these definitions a fan is someone that has an interest or admiration for a sport, art form or famous person – i.e. highlighting the often passing interest in something rooted in attraction, personalities or entertainment whereas a supporter is someone who is actively interested in (i.e. goes to games) and wishes success for a particular team (i.e. gets behind them in the hope that they will succeed)!'

Fanatic and fanatical are fanatically better word choices. I don't identify as a fan or supporter. Like many here I'm a fanatic of City.

I witnessed a bid for the undisputed king of early leavers last night. Although he didn’t actually leave before the end. ( stick with me here )

At the end of extra time he tried to convince his two young boys to fuck off but they insisted on staying for the pens.

He stood right in front of me, barely watching the pens but constantly checking his watch, shaking his head.

And then as the Chelsea guy was walking up to take the 10th kick, he loudly declared that they were definitely fucking off after this pen, even if he missed.

It’s a shame he scored for other reasons but mainly that he denied that guy and his monumental commitment to early leaving.

Hang on, the other fella says they’re supporters not fans. Or something. It’s a minefield, that’s what it is.
The general theme is is that we have two sets of people who attend games, the label for them make differ, but they are

- those who attend to watch the game and try to help the team out by vocal support.

- those who attend to watch the game

The general theme is is that we have two sets of people who attend games, the label for them make differ, but they are

- those who attend to watch the game and try to help the team out by vocal support.

- those who attend to watch the game
You missed out those that leave before the half time whistle for drink and get back 5 minutes after the start of the second half.
Just as annoying as early leavers.

Old boy on our row went on 87 mins, said he was going for a piss, I thought I bet he doesn't come back................................he didn't.

No point in going to be honest, may as well have stayed at home and watched it on telly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.