Brighton (A) - Thu 25th April, 20:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support the players,team and club....we're on the brink of immortality.

Nows not the time for pointless nit picking !!
Folk have ways of coping in stressful "on the brink of immortality" moments.
Posters telling others how to react to that is as bad as posters slating the team or individual players.
Moaners moaning about moaners who aren't moaning in the correct way, or over moaning, or moaning about the wrong things. My mind is mashed with it all.
Posters should let it slide on the comments they don't align with.

They will, I’d say it’s not going to happen for either of them to run perfect until the end of the season. I’ve done some odds compiling during my work years, it was over 40 years ago without access to algorithms and data but this is how I see it:

Dippers

Everton 1/2
West Ham 1/2
Spuds 4/7
Villa 6/5
Wolves 1/4

Just over 9/1

Arsenal

Chelsea 4/7
Spuds 1/1
Bournemouth 1/5
Rags 1/1
Everton 1/5

About 8/1

We've only won all 6 of our final games once under Pep - although we've only had to do so once, so there's a big caveat to that.

It's immensely difficult to do with so much at stake and a season's worth of fatigue starting to hit home.

Liverpool's best winning run is 5 games all season.
Arsenal's best winning run is 8 games, but some tricky ones to come on paper.
City's best winning run is 6 games, which we've done twice. We'll have won 9 in a row if we win our remaining games.

I expect all three to drop points, but we just have to concentrate on ourselves. Ignore the others. If they drop points great, but it doesn't change what we have to do for now. With the number of games left and the fact we're a game behind (2 when we play Brighton) we're playing catch up either way so the pressure isn't going to come off anytime soon.

We've only won all 6 of our final games once under Pep - although we've only had to do so once, so there's a big caveat to that.

It's immensely difficult to do with so much at stake and a season's worth of fatigue starting to hit home.

City's best winning run is 6 games, which we've done twice. We'll have won 9 in a row if we win our remaining games.

I expect all three to drop points, but we just have to concentrate on ourselves. Ignore the others. If they drop points great, but it doesn't change what we have to do for now. With the number of games left and the fact we're a game behind (2 when we play Brighton) we're playing catch up either way so the pressure isn't going to come off anytime soon.
Good research there pal, agree it’s proper pressure and just one injury or poor refereeing or just an off day could be the deciding factor.

Ederson

Akanji
Dias
Stones(ake)
Gvardiol

Rodri
Kdb
Kovacic

Bernardo
Haaland
Grealish

Phil has looked shattered last 2 games give him some rest and get him back for forest.

The fact we are still alive is an achievement in itself , of course creating history with a fourth in a row would be Pep's crowning glory and that of the team particularly those who have played a big part in all four.

In any competition especially at the elite level to win 4 on the spin is more than incredible and not often achieved.

Ake has to play this one, he was solid on Saturday again and has played less than the other defenders in recent weeks. We need a strong team against Brighton, they have slipped back a bit lately but still a threat at their own stadium. After that we have a few more rest days after the weekend fixtures, but not happy about having two games in hand on Liverpool and Arsenal, unless they both draw or lose.

Good research there pal, agree it’s proper pressure and just one injury or poor refereeing or just an off day could be the deciding factor.

Yeah it's always intense. I can remember plenty of twists and turns over the run in. It's the same all season, but when you get close to the end we all seem to expect something different to happen!

We've been behind on the final day three times, when needing to win. We had the rags drawing to Everton when they were 4-2 up, but had been losing early on iirc. Kompany's goals against the rags and Leicester to settle tight games. Aguero's goal by millimetres at Burnley. Being 2-0 down to West Ham before coming back and then missing a penalty to win it! Lots of drama to come I'm sure.

Just got to try and enjoy it!

First time heading to the Amex. Any recommendations for Brighton pubs pre-match before the train to Falmer?
My favourite is the Evening Star, two mins walk from station. There is a clutch of pubs outside the station, Grand Central, Railway Belle are most obvious to the rt, Queens Head on first corner heading straight to Surrey Rd, Battle of Trafalgar just up past GC, and Prince Albert is pretty good, turn down Trafalgar St sort of under the station, first on right.
I'm gonna be there early so additionally intend to have another look at the Hole in the Wall plus 'Brick' which was recently recommended to me.

The fact we are still alive is an achievement in itself , of course creating history with a fourth in a row would be Pep's crowning glory and that of the team particularly those who have played a big part in all four.

In any competition especially at the elite level to win 4 on the spin is more than incredible and not often achieved.

The CL exit stings, but ultimately if it goes to another European team I don't care as much as missing out to an English team personally. I want the league. 4 in a row has never been done. It would be glorious. And it would be even better considering Klippety then disappears with only the league cup tucked under his arm.

The squad isn't quite good enough to have challenged on all three fronts again. Fine margins, but if you imagine we still had Gundo and Mahrez things might have been different. As it is, there's just that little drop off overall currently and it makes a difference. It's still a superb squad and they're showing their mentality by going and doing what they did on Saturday and hopefully we can win the double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.