The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shit post, simple as...

We can do ourselves a favor by winning our own matches...
suppose our own manager is wrong as well......

Pep saying nothing is over and we (or arsenal could slip up)

Do you seriously think City would try and not win a match to stop the Rags or Dippers winning the title?

The manager and players would have too much pride. Not gonna happen, the manager would give any player not putting 100% in a rollicking and drop them for having that attitude. Just like the Rags won't roll over for us at the swamp.

City for sure can win at Spurs but it will be the hard way, by outplaying them, not because of a freebie.
When I came off our 4 0 home win against Leeds in 91 I thought oh f**k we have just given the rags the title. During the match however I cheered like crazy as the goals went in and at the final whistle. Of course all went well as Leeds won the title anyway. A great day that, beers in the Whitty then saw Les Miserable at the Palace. All rounded off with a Ruby in the Shezann , miss Maine Rd so much.

We need another performance at Spurs similar to the Dzeko 5-1.

Or a scrappy 0-1 will do :)

Putting us in the Tarquins shoes, if we were playing the rags at the swamp this weekend, we'd be shitting Blue bricks.

We'd be expecting the worst, the players would be edgy, the rags fans would be baying for Blue blood and the matchday thread would implode.

Don't underestimate what a big derby match does to people. If a poor team like Everton can turn over the dippers, Spuds have the tools to do the same.

I fully expect the arse to drop points and we'll be clear at the top come Sunday night, with a game in hand.

COYS.

When I came off our 4 0 home win against Leeds in 91 I thought oh f**k we have just given the rags the title. During the match however I cheered like crazy as the goals went in and at the final whistle. Of course all went well as Leeds won the title anyway. A great day that, beers in the Whitty then saw Les Miserable at the Palace. All rounded off with a Ruby in the Shezann , miss Maine Rd so much.
Pre internet and mobile phones and my mate turned up at half time because it was an early kick off. I knew. He clearly didn’t. Those were the days. I remember him saying how quiet it was coming to the ground about 230 whilst I am thinking “where the fxxk is he?”

It was a great day but in the interests of historical accuracy, it was 1992 not 91.
Blackburn away in 1995 was similar - great win for us but gave the rags a huge boost in the title race. Everything worked out ok then too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.