The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Putting us in the Tarquins shoes, if we were playing the rags at the swamp this weekend, we'd be shitting Blue bricks.

We'd be expecting the worst, the players would be edgy, the rags fans would be baying for Blue blood and the matchday thread would implode.

Don't underestimate what a big derby match does to people. If a poor team like Everton can turn over the dippers, Spuds have the tools to do the same.

I fully expect the arse to drop points and we'll be clear at the top come Sunday night, with a game in hand.

COYS.

Well said

Also, Spurs are no mug, lets not forget that. 6 points behind villa with 2 games in hand, looking for 4th spot. Spurs and Villa are pretty much about as good as each other and we saw what Villa did to Arsenal.

Sonce Spurs are 6 points behind Villa with 2 games in hand, you'd hope they're going all out for Champions League qualification, so it shouldn't be easy for Arsenal or City to go there.

We saw what villa did to us earlier in the season.

Indeed. But I was referencing recent weeks during this run in.

Playing a team fighting for 4th place in a derby is definitely not one they'll be looking forward to.

It's in our hands and our sole focus for the next five games.
I fancy our chances more and more each game.

COME ON CITY!!!

It's in our hands and our sole focus for the next five games.
I fancy our chances more and more each game.

COME ON CITY!!!

The good thing is we've been here before and handled the biggest occasions. I trust them to do the job.

If we don't win it, it'll simply because we weren't good enough. It won't be down to our mentality, "bottling it" if you like.

That's why I'm confident we'll be OK.

What do you expect Pep to say?
facts...truth....as i was saying..

mathematically scousers are not out of it (unfortunately) - though as again i said they look fucked.

We are in there with a very good shout and in a good position

But its also going to be a struggle to get over the line....its going to be very close...we look leggy at times

In previous run ins we have looked vey strong but this season the opposition is better equipped (Arsenal) and last time the scousers were down in 7th ....they look like they are falling off a cliff (long may that continue) but they are still there with a chance.

we have to go to spurs and win - we have only done that in the cup under Pep. Spurs are very up and down and you never know what you are going to get from them - we also play against relegation threatened team this weekend....we cannot underestimate them - they will fight for everything and thought we are clearly way better than them thats not how football always works - random/unexpected results do occur. Fulham are no push over either.

This was all i was saying and youc ome across as extremely arrogant in your posting....not just on this one occasion.

Challenge opinions that fine (but back it up with your opinion at least)....but when Pep says something I tend to listen and he has been saying these things most of the season.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.