Known Issues - New Forum

Yes, I'm guessing that means it's one of the Ads?

Possibly. The blocking of cookies means that it will block the cookies from the ad domain which will cause strange behaviour.

I'd wager that there is a certain ad in the rotation out there that is not coded very well in terms of setting the cookies and is causing a HTML error that makes the page go weird. Outside of this it may be a very specific ad that only a small number of people are getting which has the same issue regardless of the cookies.

Try unblocking them and browsing for a few minutes and see if it resolves the issue.

Hmm, there is an Ad that's inserted too far left in Firefox which has no extensions at all:

keIUA4U.jpg

Possibly. The blocking of cookies means that it will block the cookies from the ad domain which will cause strange behaviour.

I'd wager that there is a certain ad in the rotation out there that is not coded very well in terms of setting the cookies and is causing a HTML error that makes the page go weird. Outside of this it may be a very specific ad that only a small number of people are getting which has the same issue regardless of the cookies.

Try unblocking them and browsing for a few minutes and see if it resolves the issue.
Ahh, I had "Block third-party cookies and site data" checked. Sorry bud, my bad.

Had a good look around with no more issues.

Ahh, I had "Block third-party cookies and site data" checked. Sorry bud, my bad.

Had a good look around with no more issues.

No worries mate, let me know if it turns again. The ad might just have gone away for a little bit and be back in a different rotation in the future

I'am getting that minute graph paper effect thing, it like splits form the middle of the page up and down. It's not that bad but sometimes sticks for a bit, the bluemoon banner at the top is always last to pop in.

I'am getting that minute graph paper effect thing, it like splits form the middle of the page up and down. It's not that bad but sometimes sticks for a bit, the bluemoon banner at the top is always last to pop in.
What do you use to access the site? You should always start by clearing history/cookies/cache.

I'm using Safari, and I too have been getting the minute graph paper effect and header ribbons at the bottom of the page. Been fine so far today though.

What do you use to access the site? You should always start by clearing history/cookies/cache.

Use google and cleared history and used ccleaner before i came on. AS for cookies/cache ? wasnt there a thing to to that on the old site? at the bottom of the page, but gone now.

Use google and cleared history and used ccleaner before i came on. AS for cookies/cache ? wasnt there a thing to to that on the old site? at the bottom of the page, but gone now.
Yes, the old 'clear board cookies' is gone although it may not have helped in this case anyway as I think it's down to 3rd party cookies.

This site shows how to delete cookies in Safari (presumably. that's why you quoted the other guy?) http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/safari.html although it may be down to 3rd party cookies being blocked. Check if the following image matches your settings, you possibly need to use the 'Never' option for 'Block cookies'. Refresh your page when you've enabled it.

mgJRFUS.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.