Known Issues - New Forum

Yes, the old 'clear board cookies' is gone although it may not have helped in this case anyway as I think it's down to 3rd party cookies.

This site shows how to delete cookies in Safari (presumably. that's why you quoted the other guy?) http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/safari.html although it may be down to 3rd party cookies being blocked. Check if the following image matches your settings, you possibly need to use the 'Never' option for 'Block cookies'. Refresh your page when you've enabled it.

mgJRFUS.jpg

No i use google, cleared it the normal way but just been in advanced settings>privacy>content settings>all cookies and site data, any way in there it as site and locally stored data theres a big list of cookies and site name is is safe to remove all these?
As you can tell i am not very good with computers :)

No i use google, cleared it the normal way but just been in advanced settings>privacy>content settings>all cookies and site data, any way in there it as site and locally stored data theres a big list of cookies and site name is is safe to remove all these?
As you can tell i am not very good with computers :)
Sorry, you threw with the quote. You can delete them all from there but going to 'History' and clicking on 'Clear Browsing History' is fine in Chrome.

For the 3rd party cookies if using Chrome, go to the Chrome menu (top right) and click on 'Settings'. Click on 'Show Advanced Settings' down at the bottom. Under 'Privacy' click on 'Content settings...', under 'Cookies' make sure that 'Block third-party cookies and site data' is not checked

9ak2KA5.jpg

Sorry, you threw with the quote. You can delete them all from there but going to 'History' and clicking on 'Clear Browsing History' is fine in Chrome.

For the 3rd party cookies if using Chrome, go to the Chrome menu (top right) and click on 'Settings'. Click on 'Show Advanced Settings' down at the bottom. Under 'Privacy' click on 'Content settings...', under 'Cookies' make sure that 'Block third-party cookies and site data' is not checked

9ak2KA5.jpg

No it not checked just the top one like on the pic you posted, can't be my computer as it wasn't doing it when the new site first went up. Oh well will just have to sit it out and hope it goes away by itself :)

Anyway thanks a lot for trying to help mate.

No it not checked just the top one like on the pic you posted, can't be my computer as it wasn't doing it when the new site first went up. Oh well will just have to sit it out and hope it goes away by itself :)

Anyway thanks a lot for trying to help mate.
No problems bud, looking back over your posts on here it sounds more like you've got a very slow PC and/or internet (very slow screen draw times). Does it have integrated graphics? You can check your internet speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/ click on the 'Begin Test' button only, some of the other links can take you all over the place.

It's definitely a rogue ad causing the issue (thanks @ColinLee, by the way, for the screengrab earlier). I've not experienced it myself yet, but seems to be affecting Safari users mainly from what I can tell.

It's important to try and establish which specific ad is causing it, so that we can get it removed. If you can make a note of which adverts are on the page when it happens and let me know that'd be great.

There are also a few coding oddities in the forum software which don't really help, so I'm working on those to try and lessen the effect when such adverts load.

It's definitely a rogue ad causing the issue (thanks @ColinLee, by the way, for the screengrab earlier). I've not experienced it myself yet, but seems to be affecting Safari users mainly from what I can tell.

It's important to try and establish which specific ad is causing it, so that we can get it removed. If you can make a note of which adverts are on the page when it happens and let me know that'd be great.

There are also a few coding oddities in the forum software which don't really help, so I'm working on those to try and lessen the effect when such adverts load.
The 'R Binary' one was one obviously but I'll block 3rd party cookies again and keep an eye out.

Edit: just a little bug where the thread links are pushed left.

M74YPcJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ric, I don't know if the Ad has been fixed or removed but I haven't had the problem with the title bar at the bottom and the graph paper background to the posts since I re-enabled 'Block third-party cookies and site data' in Chrome. The R Binary Ad occasionally causes the forum links at the bottom to be pushed to the left (as in my screenshots above) but not always and never the top links.

Presumably because I've got 3rd party Ads blocked I have a blank space where the Ads would be now and again, other than that it's running fine.

@Ric, I don't know if the Ad has been fixed or removed but I haven't had the problem with the title bar at the bottom and the graph paper background to the posts since I re-enabled 'Block third-party cookies and site data' in Chrome. The R Binary Ad occasionally causes the forum links at the bottom to be pushed to the left (as in my screenshots above) but not always and never the top links.

Presumably because I've got 3rd party Ads blocked I have a blank space where the Ads would be now and again, other than that it's running fine.

Thanks Colin. I think (well, hope!) the reason you're not getting the title bar at the bottom and the graph paper background is because of the changes I made yesterday rather than blocking the third party cookies. Hopefully no one should be experiencing this now, but as always please let me know if you do encounter any problems.

Thanks Colin. I think (well, hope!) the reason you're not getting the title bar at the bottom and the graph paper background is because of the changes I made yesterday rather than blocking the third party cookies. Hopefully no one should be experiencing this now, but as always please let me know if you do encounter any problems.
Obviously I've got Bluemoon white-listed in Adblocker but does enabling 'Block 3rd party cookies' affect the Ad revenue at all? It's not a problem turning it off if so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.