Post Match Thread: City 2-0 Watford

Fernandinho back to his 13/14 title winning form and a very special mention to Sagna who has found the perfect balance between attacking and defending, Zaba is going to find it hard to get back into the team, at least an 8/10 in his first 4 games this year.

Todays win made even better with what went on else where, only downside is the international break.

Honest to god Fernandinho has always been this good. Our title win the season before last doesn't happen without Fernandinho being freaking superman. It was amazing reading in the transfer forum how many people would have gladly shipped him out this summer.

As Pudge said he struggled last season because of the World Cup. He wasn't even fit during that & still had to play, then had the confidence kicked out of him. Then struggled for form & fitness at City.

I said in the Jack Wilshire thread, a fully fit Fernandinho will have people like him breakfast. He is one of the best in the world in that position.

No centre mids my arse.

Once a blue ....always a blue

Joleon Lescott ‏@JoleonLescott Aug 26
@MCFC good times
1f44d.png
1f499.png

Rony Lopes ‏@Rony10Lopes 12m12 minutes ago
Amazing @MCFC! What a start!! Come on boys!!
270c.png
True blues.

Not long back at the hotel. A competent, not spectacular, performance today. Watford frustrated us in the first half with their bus parking, but once we got the early breakthrough in the second half, there was only ever going to be one winner. Watford never really threatened, apart from a couple of crosses in the second half. Fern got the nod for MOTM at the ground, and he scored a belting goal. But personally, I'd have gone for Sagna. He's transformed from last season. Delighted for Raheem to finally break his duck in "proper" matches for us. Again, a cracking cross in from Sagna.

Honest to god Fernandinho has always been this good. Our title win the season before last doesn't happen without Fernandinho being freaking superman. It was amazing reading in the transfer forum how many people would have gladly shipped him out this summer.

To be fair there wasn't many wanting Fernandinho out, I think you'll find most people were talking about Fernando.

Routine win after a solid performance. As others have said, Fernandinho was excellent with good performances all round. Thought Nasri was good when he came on. I think some team soon will be on the end of six or seven.

Credit to Pellegrini for his subtle change at half time, freeing up Sterling and pushing Silva out wide. Worked straight away.

A steady win, Watford came with no intention of attacking and got what they deserved. Pissed me off with their niggly little fouls which clattenberg didn't punish with a yellow leaving them free to carry on doing it. kompany makes one challenge and gets a card!

Toure and Silva excellent second half and Sterling great throughout with his hard work.

Navas poor and rightly subbed.

Good win, thoroughly deserved. Still don't think we're out of second gear. Fernandinho MOTM with Bacary Sagna close behind - can't believe how well he's played this season. Aguero strangely well off the pace today. Sterling looking better with each game. Watford made it hard first half but ran out of steam.

I think Fernandinho is looking a completely different player this season.....His reading of the game, pace and quickness to close down......I really believe his improved play and the energy of Delph off the bench will make our defensive play in midfield alot better this season.......Great win!!

Everything you said is right apart from the completely different player part. He's done this for the best part of two seasons but the formation has left him ruthlessly exposed. With a tighter midfield and Yaya pulling his socks up a bit more he's showing how much of a complete midfielder he really is.

Great result. We played well again but Watford deserve credit for their first half performance, we probed but they played very well and were very well organised. The most pleasing thing was to see Pellegrini change it early and recognise it needed something different. We don't need to rely on just 1 style of play now we have numerous weapons and it's his job to find the oppositions weakness and utilise our weapons effectively. Today he done it perfectly.

Navas is a weird one. This season he's been in some of the best form he's ever had at City, including today, but unfortunately for him, Sterling has highlighted his weaknesses.

I predicted a big game and a goal from sterling today with Watford doubling up on Silva, he certainly delivered, the frightening thing is, there's still plenty of work to be done by him on the training pitch, he needs to learn how to shoot and specifically put power in his shots. His crossing could do with some work too but when you've got Kolarov almost always right behind you that's not something you need to worry about.

Defence were solid again, they look well drilled they cover each other and Dinho is a machine in being there to mop up in and around the edge of the box when a player is beaten, Vinny's got them organised, Mangala looks unbeatable and the fullbacks have both been excellent. Also great to see the work rate from the defenders and in particular Mangala when coming back from a corner, as soon as Mangala realises the ball isn't coming to him he turns and sprints 50-60 yards to get back into position and help stop any potential break. Fantastic to see.

Would never begrudge Fernandinho MOTM award as he's my favourite player and deserves every award he gets, but i thought it should of gone to Sagna today, who was superb yet again. Second half watching him close up from 114 there was a period of pressure from watford and Sagna won absolutely everything. He first came out of nowhere to slide in and block a shot that looked like it could of been heading in, then he was the first to the ball from the resulting corner, the ball came back in, sagna again clears, they attack down our right, he tries to outrun sagna, he was having none of it then finally a few seconds later after our attack broke down they threatened to break and Sagna charged back and made an inch perfect sliding tackle. He's certainly making a hell of a lot of people on here look like complete muppets. Long may it continue.

Oh and one last thing, i don't mind Watford in general, there's plenty of teams their fans could of supported instead of them and i know it was probably just a handful of absolute morons but it reflects badly on their entire fanbase when somebody is sad enough to bring a man united scarf to the game (not even a half/half scarf) with them and throw it into our end in the first half. Talk about small time...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.