Sevilla U19s v City U19s 3/11/2015

A good dogged result that. Quality on the whole was low, there was only Bryan who was solid and Ambrose who had very little of the ball but he he did have it you saw his quality. The rest were very substandard apart from Manu Garcia who was one again at EDS level, awful.

Think it's hard for Roberts to keep coming into these games, he doesn't train with them and just comes in and plays the games, I bet he doesn't know anyone in that team.

Bryan, Boadu, Barker, Celina > Garcia, Garcia, Roberts, Kongalo. Individually & collectively.

I think that is very very unfair to say really. The pitch was very poor and it was hard to move the ball quickly across it. I thought Kongolo although not doing too much on the ball worked very hard protecting the defence and winning a lot of tackles in the midfield, Aleix Garcia for me looks like a player who plays with maturity beyond his years and always goes for the sensible option instead of playing a stupid hollywood pass, Manu Garcia is talented, but tries to unlock the door way too often and as a result loses the ball far too often for me and Roberts looked a frustrated figure today. You cannot really compare 4 players with another 4 players as this is just one game, we could not play the free flowing football we all wanted to see, but it was a very workmanlike, team performance today. We played ugly to grind out the win.

As for the other players you mentioned, i have always been a massive fan of Celina and personally feel that he looks better than Manu Garcia from what i have seen, Barker does need more game time and i am also a big fan of his, but i feel your criticism of Kongolo and Aleix Garcia especially is harsh. Aleix Garcia in the previous Uefa youth league matches has looked a class act. Dictated the tempo at his own pace and always looks very comfortable and assured on the ball. If i had to say out of all the players i have seen who would be most adept to playing at a higher level with the first team players, it would be Aleix Garcia. Does not rely on physicality, he plays with a brain as he has shown this season and never looks rushed playing at 100mph like some of our other players do. Always in space to receive the ball and keeps the ball moving very nicely.

1. I think that is very very unfair to say really. The pitch was very poor and it was hard to move the ball quickly across it. I thought Kongolo although not doing too much on the ball worked very hard protecting the defence and winning a lot of tackles in the midfield, Aleix Garcia for me looks like a player who plays with maturity beyond his years and always goes for the sensible option instead of playing a stupid hollywood pass, Manu Garcia is talented, but tries to unlock the door way too often and as a result loses the ball far too often for me and Roberts looked a frustrated figure today. You cannot really compare 4 players with another 4 players as this is just one game, we could not play the free flowing football we all wanted to see, but it was a very workmanlike, team performance today. We played ugly to grind out the win.
As for the other players you mentioned, i have always been a massive fan of Celina and personally feel that he looks better than Manu Garcia from what i have seen, Barker does need more game time and i am also a big fan of his, but i feel your criticism of Kongolo and Aleix Garcia especially is harsh. Aleix Garcia in the previous Uefa youth league matches has looked a class act. Dictated the tempo at his own pace and always looks very comfortable and assured on the ball. If i had to say out of all the players i have seen who would be most adept to playing at a higher level with the first team players, it would be Aleix Garcia. Does not rely on physicality, he plays with a brain as he has shown this season. Always in space to receive the ball and keeps the ball moving very nicely.

Nothing harsh about it. Read what I said. Celina is better than him. Boadu is better than M Garcia. Barker is better than Roberts. Bryan is better than Kongolo. I'll add Jack Byrne to that, better than all of them.

Not only that, but all those players are better at retaining possission & playing the 'City' way.

How on earth is any of that 'harsh' ? It's perfectly true.

Great win in a tough place to go. Less said about the ref the better. Good site that, I was looking at the other games with Refs from all over Europe officiating games. Then I notice the scum game has a Ref from Wales!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.