Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I have. I'm not convinced we will see this "talent" again (e.g. Zab/Nasri/Yaya), and some of them wouldn't get in even at their best (Willy/Bony). Final question, do you think Sterling would be guaranteed starter for them?
Bony and Zabaleta are quality players and certainly capable of more than they have shown in recent months. Guess what one arrived and got injured, then had malaria in the summer and got injured again, and Zabaleta has also been dogged by injury. Sterling has already shown his quality.

A handful of players have played regularly over the last 12 months and that needs looking at. Nearly all the injuries our players have picked up are muscle strains. I get the feeling that we've just been unlucky because I notice that teams who are playing a lot of football like Arsenal and Liverpool have also lost a lot of players, but the difference is that our losses have been our very best players. Arsenal would nowhere without Sanchez for example.

Take a step back. In a few days time we could be top of the league, in the last 16 of the Champions League and League Cup semi-finalists despite missing our very best players.

I realise the slump could continue. Once these things start to roll, they just snowball, but the major influence on our game at the moment are the injuries to our very best players.
We're not the only side missing our best players though. We are however the only side with the quality of squad to supplement those missing players. My 'reflection' isn't solely based on the past 2 weeks. Last season and results this season all play into it. I just don't see what he's bringing to the party that any other half decent manager couldn't bring. I don't see behind the scenes admittedly, but I do watch every single game. Question for you, what do you see that he's done/changed that is improving how we play?

We're not the only side missing our best players though. We are however the only side with the quality of squad to supplement those missing players. My 'reflection' isn't solely based on the past 2 weeks. Last season and results this season all play into it. I just don't see what he's bringing to the party that any other half decent manager couldn't bring. I don't see behind the scenes admittedly, but I do watch every single game. Question for you, what do you see that he's done/changed that is improving how we play?

Is it that black and white for you that because we have "the quality squad" and playing poorly, it has to be the manager at fault?

Is it that black and white for you that because we have "the quality squad" and playing poorly, it has to be the manager at fault?
If only life was so simple eh?

No, not black and white, but on 'balance of probabilities' I'd say Manuel. I just haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise?

If a guy gets given a Ferrari to drive and keeps crashing it, it could be the cars fault, but 9 times out of 10 it's probably going to be the driver.

I agree with you in that we have probably peaked under his leadership, but far too many here have been very quick to sweep under the carpet all the good things he has done for this club (on and off the field) and would rather concentrate on recent performances which in part are down to him, but I would argue, not wholly.

We seem to have a breed of posters who have developed what can only described as a hatred for Pellers and are looking for any excuse to twist the knife. This hatred, I believe is compounded by rumours of new toys becoming available.

All about opinions, but is he really as bad as some of the shit that has been posted on here about him? I don't think so. When he does leave, he will go with my thanks and respect.
If Manuel does leave in the summer, will you be leaving us to join him?

If you decide to stay with us, will your agenderist username remain with you forever or will you revise it? (In Memory of Manuel sounds appropriate).

Once your campaign is run, is there any other campaigns on the horizon you'd like to highlight so this boards members can have time to choose whether to opt into any of them or not?

I think any team would struggle without Kompany, Silva and Aguero for a significant amount of time, it'd be like Barcelona playing without Pique, Neymar and Messi. Madrid without Ramos, Ronaldo and Benzema.

There are some players who are just totally irreplaceable, and I think we've done well to manage without them.

The man has a proven record at virtually every club he has managed winning silverware with 6 of them.

Its ridiculous to suggest he brings nothing to the table and to claim he won a league and cup double in his first season in English football despite him beggars belief.

Your probably wasting your time moss. Some of these guys just dont see whats in front of them. Pablo1 even resorted to posting comments in my name. Why would anyone do that?

If Manuel does leave in the summer, will you be leaving us to join him?

If you decide to stay with us, will your agenderist username remain with you forever or will you revise it? (In Memory of Manuel sounds appropriate).

Once your campaign is run, is there any other campaigns on the horizon you'd like to highlight so this boards members can have time to choose whether to opt into any of them or not?

Change your name to drivel or dribble when I drivel. Would that suit your current campaign? How about "when im tired of pep too"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.