Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Manuel does leave in the summer, will you be leaving us to join him?

If you decide to stay with us, will your agenderist username remain with you forever or will you revise it? (In Memory of Manuel sounds appropriate).

Once your campaign is run, is there any other campaigns on the horizon you'd like to highlight so this boards members can have time to choose whether to opt into any of them or not?

at least try and add to the discussion

My current position with Pellegrini is that he came in to steady the 'Mancini rocked' ship, and did that just by being a complete opposite character to Mancini. I believe the first season double was more down to the players being re-invigorated post Mancinis departure than any masterful approach by Pellegrini. We were promised a certain style of football when he came, which we're still waiting to see. When I look at our squad, the players we had and have brought in, and the results we've had, there is no question we are collectively worse than the individual talent. Taking blue tinted specs off, I still only see 2 or 3 players from any other prem team making our first team, and yet we lie 3rd, look ordinary in Europe and don't seem to be learning. When he leaves, I'll have no feelings either way. I'm still deliriously happy as a city fan, I'm not acting spoilt, but we should be doing better.
My view is that in his first season Manuel had the strongest squad in the Prem allied to the fact the players were receiving fresh instructions from a new face, so it wouldn't have been unreasonable to expect a modicum of success considering our owner's investment. Irrespective of that, Manuel still had to manage us to the double and the squad had to play its way to the double too which is no mean feat.

I would also agree that this squad seems to have long since peaked under Manuel's stewardship, so the question remains. Is Manuel the man to reinvigorate this current squad, improve the team and move us on to the next level? Or has Manuel taken our club as far as his talent will allow?

If Manuel does leave in the summer, will you be leaving us to join him?

If you decide to stay with us, will your agenderist username remain with you forever or will you revise it? (In Memory of Manuel sounds appropriate).

Once your campaign is run, is there any other campaigns on the horizon you'd like to highlight so this boards members can have time to choose whether to opt into any of them or not?

Explain my agenderist username coz that has gone straight over my head

If only life was so simple eh?

No, not black and white, but on 'balance of probabilities' I'd say Manuel. I just haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise?

If a guy gets given a Ferrari to drive and keeps crashing it, it could be the cars fault, but 9 times out of 10 it's probably going to be the driver.

He's hardly kept crashing it. If you simply want to cherry pick the recent poor results to support your theory, then no point discussing

He's hardly kept crashing it. If you simply want to cherry pick the recent poor results to support your theory, then no point discussing
Explain my agenderist username coz that has gone straight over my head
I'm so sorry, I meant to respond to your earlier post but was momentarily distracted and posted to you what was meant for Pell not Pep ;-).

I profusely apologise.

My view is that in his first season Manuel had the strongest squad in the Prem allied to the fact the players were receiving fresh instructions from a new face, so it wouldn't have been unreasonable to expect a modicum of success considering our owner's investment. Irrespective of that, Manuel still had to manage us to the double and the squad had to play its way to the double too which is no mean feat.

I would also agree that this squad seems to have long since peaked under Manuel's stewardship, so the question remains. Is Manuel the man to reinvigorate this current squad, improve the team and move us on to the next level? Or has Manuel taken our club as far as his talent will allow?
You make a fair point. I'm not suggesting he's a below average manager, and I'm not trying to suggest he had no impact on the first season double, but it was less of an impact than the improved players psyche subsequent to Mancinis restrictive tenure. I just don't see that he's bringing anything special to the party.

His seeming reluctance to try anything new, unless forced to, would probably provide the answer to your question.

The man has a proven record at virtually every club he has managed winning silverware with 6 of them.

Its ridiculous to suggest he brings nothing to the table and to claim he won a league and cup double in his first season in English football despite him beggars belief.

I'm afraid some fans have caught the real madrid manager syndrome. Sack them after a 'bad run of 3 games'. Why they got rid of Ancelotti I'll never know...or Pell for that matter. I feel for the club with this brand of fan. Short memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.