Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

I'm loving it too.

My personal favourite (you see it on rawk a lot too) is the old "I live in China/New York/kuala lumpur/Sydney etc and you never see a city shirt"

What these thick, ignorant, fools fail to realise, indeed are incapable of EVER comprehending , is that their world view is the VERY reason they are ultimately doomed to come off second best in the long run.

It's a view that has permeated their clubs for decades.

'Let's keep the colonials happy. We can sell a few shirts, travel for pre season friendlies every year or two and we will be just fine'. They have been guilty of gross patronisation.

They completely failed to understand that the "United/Liverpool/Arsenal fans etc in China and the Far East" aren't fans of those clubs at all. They are fans of the "team that is currently successful in England"

They didn't see it then and they don't see it now. Whoring your club with a media blitz every year or two is great for short term gain. City though (and even though this news today was a huge surprise it really shouldn't have been when you look at our owners) have taken the decidedly longer term and more professional view.

We haven't tried to sell our club as just another successful English team for the locals to love for a year or two. We've invited the entire country into our club, into our "group". We haven't patted them on the head and said "thanks for your support. See you in a couple of years. Oh, and here is a great soft drink for you to drink"

Remember Gill stating with a smirk "City will never be as big as Utd in SE Asia"? I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest he won't be smirking tonight. The ****.

We have said "we are building something special here.come along, see what you think, and if you like it you can get in on the ground floor. And stay for years"

The truly scary thing for the old elites is that it will take years yet for the scope of what has happened today to be fully realised. And when they do, it will be too late.

So, to any Red lurkers reading this... Those wearing Utd shirts today will have forgotten who you are in another few years. They won't just be wearing city shirts in the future, or eating "city noodles washed down with a City soft drink" they will be watching the city TV channel, and going to see Hong Kong City FC, who will have players that look like them, and speak their language. They will be following an organisation that they can feel belongs to them

We did that. City.

You took them for granted and payback is coming.

Bravo Sir !!

This ownership is playing monopoly while the rest of the clubs are stuck playing tic tac toe. City's ambitions are astronomical and that's what makes this entire thing exciting. I think the next couple of tasks on the priority list should include getting a stadium built in NYC, finding a feeder club in Europe (there are talks with Girona) and expanding their brand in South America. With how motivated these group of men seem to be, I have no doubt they will accomplish all this and way more. I have no doubt we will also soon have a sister club in the Chinese Super League.

I'd flipping love it to be Hong Kong City FC. Or Beijing City FC.

WOW! I promise you folk, someday I will be blessed enough to travel the world and see a game of every member of the City Football Group - New York, Melbourne, Yokohama and China!!!

I love CFG - and am firmly behind the project and the teams.

Thank you Sheikh Mansour!!!!

Not wishing to put any kind of downer on things but isn't there some kind of restriction on an owner owning more than one club in a confederation?

As CFG already are part-owners of Yokohama in Japan, it can't buy/set up a club in China?

Hope I'm wrong. (Usually am according to Zubrwoman.)

red_devil83Full Member
Mar 6, 2014
Polite Pister said..
The reactions on this thread are very funny.

When SM took over at City we had the 'not in my lifetime' 'noisy neighbour' 'massive club' stuff. Well, see how that went, City are now established at the top table in England.

Now we sign a strategically important deal for the massive Chinese market and it's 'money laundering' 'bribes' 'ffp dodge'. Well, again we'll see.

One day you guys are going to wake up and smell the coffee :lol:
We can smell the coffee. It's laced with Rohypnol. Even the most ardent and blinkered Citeh fan must know it's all corrupt? Just because no football authorities are doing anything about it (because they're corrupt as feck) doesn't mean you have any legitimacy.

Yea, you have unlimited money, from morally bankrupt sources. Yes, with unlimited resources should come unlimited success. Maybe in 20 years you'll have won another 10 league titles. If you believe it's all above board, then I don't know what to say to you, except that just because you haven't been caught yet (and maybe you never will) doesn't mean you aren't cheating.

Red devil obviously not taking at all well, so badly in fact that the irony of his post his completely escaped him.

City out in force on Redcafe.

The tone if this thread says a lot about the perception of this news for me. City sell 13% for £265m and all anybody can have a dig about is how they've never seen a City shirt in China. The fact that nobody really has much to say about the actual deal tells me it's generally viewed as a good step for the club - and I agree with you.

For me the most telling aspect is that it's a fresh issue of shares, rather than the sale of existing shares. Pumping the money back into the group (not specifically MCFC). It seems quite obvious to me that the high investment comes off the back of assurances that the money will find it's way back into China, through academy infrastructure or perhaps a club to join the group in China, similar to NYCFC.

However you view it, it opens up another opportunity to exploit further revenue and exposure for the City brand as a whole, and it'd be silly to just write-off the significance of the deal because of our lack of popularity in China... It's an exciting time for the club, and I'm genuinely interested to see what plans the club have in place for this partnership.

Seven years on since the club was sold, are you slightly worried yet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.