Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

Not wishing to put any kind of downer on things but isn't there some kind of restriction on an owner owning more than one club in a confederation?

As CFG already are part-owners of Yokohama in Japan, it can't buy/set up a club in China?

Hope I'm wrong. (Usually am according to Zubrwoman.)

Should we be worried about this?

People need to understand this point: if this were to have had an impact on FFP, the sheikh could have already just issued more shares to himself. But it doesn't matter a jot because FFP is behind us, and will nor bother us again.

This does act as more proof, should it be needed, that the club and its revenue is going to continue to grow and grow.
It has a huge impact on FFP as it will open a huge commercial market place. Hence why it has happened n

As we only have a minority stake in Marino's would that be a problem?

I thought the plan was to buy a bigger stake when the law in Japan changed? However it may just be part of the ever-incresing (it seems) link up with Nissan.

I'm sure Khaldoon and Ferran have it covered

As we only have a minority stake in Marino's would that be a problem?

Don't think it would, I'm sure there's already a few owners with minority share in one club in a continent and a majority share in another. Could always just give the Yokohoma shares to Khaldoon or something.

Melbourne City is in the Asian Confederation too. So there could be an issue but nothing that hasnt already been thought out I'm sure.

Don't think it would, I'm sure there's already a few owners with minority share in one club in a continent and a majority share in another. Could always just give the Yokohoma shares to Khaldoon or something.

A bit like what Abramovich has done with Vitesse Arnhem (giving ownership to a friend)

Melbourne City is in the Asian Confederation too. So there could be an issue but nothing that hasnt already been thought out I'm sure.

Considering it's China CFG would more than likely be minority share owners in any club there anyway.

A bit like what Abramovich has done with Vitesse Arnhem (giving ownership to a friend)

Yep easily done.

After browsing the red cafe thread I think the tone of that completely sums up the world of football at present.

You have the Sheikh who has grown this football club to 8/9 times what it was in 2008, deals in geopolitics and has now got us a foothold in the worlds largest emerging economy with a long term plan in its infancy.

On the other hand you have united fans discussing how many shirts we sell abroad and empty seats. Small minded, short term views which have enabled us to overtake so many other clubs over the last few years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.