Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

The news of this broke as I was travelling don to the match and its only now that i'm home that I've had a chance to properly read and digest it all.

Not for the first time with regards to City and finances Martin Samuel gets the mood music right. I think the lad has a soft spot for City TBH as we were laughed at, the Sheikh was mocked and then UEFA played dirty and Martin didnt like any of that.

Some things that really become clear though ( and please forgive me if I'm repeating points previously made by others ). Firstly nobody at City at a local level knew much, if anything about this and thats how it should be.

The money wont be used to buy Messi or any other player, its clearly there to fund infrastructure of the CFG and one tease in the press release hints perhaps at the Collar Site? i.e. development of CFG 'infrastructure assets'??

The reason the money wont be used to buy Messi is simple, that money was already there if it was needed. But what this deal will do is make the top players and their agents sit up and almost beg to be part of this club now. How much were your image rights worth last year Lionel? Well we can do better than that old chum.

And of course sponsors. Image if you will the value of any deal that Nike want CFG to sign up to, or NIssan or indeed whoever.

I made a bold and some thought crazy prediction a couple of years ago that City would be the first club to turn over £1bn in a year - I didnt have a clue as to how it was going to come about but I was told it would happen with Sheikh Mansour at the helm. By god I wish I had laid a few quid on it now.

I will never read that site so any favourite quotes?

This is a peach

red_devil83 said:
We can smell the coffee. It's laced with Rohypnol. Even the most ardent and blinkered Citeh fan must know it's all corrupt? Just because no football authorities are doing anything about it (because they're corrupt as feck) doesn't mean you have any legitimacy.

Yea, you have unlimited money, from morally bankrupt sources. Yes, with unlimited resources should come unlimited success. Maybe in 20 years you'll have won another 10 league titles. If you believe it's all above board, then I don't know what to say to you, except that just because you haven't been caught yet (and maybe you never will) doesn't mean you aren't cheating.

This isn't the the end, it is not even the beginning of the end.......
I only want to stay alive long enough to see those bitter red cunts choking on their own bile. See if they still sing their little dittys about biggest floodlights and scoff about our aspirations. Will they still make up nursery rhymes about us fucking off home when we live here anyway, surprisingly not all in Stockport at all. Most of them still can't see what's coming. Like a tsunami once the earthquake has passed they won't know how big it is until it's too late!

Can you feel the ground moving Blues - it's gonna be biblical.....

I wrote on here a while ago that we would be streets ahead of the lot of them before they realised what was happening.

They'll be trailing in our wake, desperately trying to keep up.

When you know what is going to happen around our site in the next few years, with all that income it will bring...........

What makes me laugh now is thinking back a few years, when the top clubs like Liverpool and whoever else was involved, wanting their own special league, and sod the rest of us, because they wanted the money for themselves.

They don't like it up 'em do they?

Fuck them like they wanted to fuck us off years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
The article from Martin Samuel explains it all so clearly, just read again and WOW. The guys running our club are very astute, visionary businessmen that have quite simply gone to another level from any other club.

Which is so unfair.

Reading some of the stuff written about the deal makes you realise the scale and enormity of what we're doing and trying to achieve.

Whether or not expected on field success follows is another thing, but boy this club and group is going to be huge in the next 10-15 years - it'll be one of the biggest sporting brands in the world.

The earthquake that shook football on 1st September 2008 was so big, so huge, so all encompassing, that it was simply too huge to be measured by any traditional yardstick.

What everybody initially believed - including let's be honest most if not all City fans - was that we had 'simply' been bought by a very very rich man, who would no doubt use some of his enormous fortune to take the club to previously unimaginable heights of excellence on the pitch, and maybe if we were very lucky, to invest in the clubs infrastructure along the way.

The old elites and their fans scoffed and moaned in equal measure but their underlying belief was, until perhaps even today, "we've seen off this sort of thing before. Blackburn, Chelsea, Dortmund, Forest, Villa. We've been the dominant forces in English and European football for generations. Sure this lot might win a title or two. A few cups even, and you never know, they might even do well in Europe given time, but then, eventually, order will restore itself and they will sink back into the abyss. Sure as eggs is eggs"

They scoffed at the CFA ("not yet produced a regular first teamer" / "FFP dodge"). They really really believed that FFP had sorted these upstarts out. "Show me a sponsor who isn't an Arab" they screamed with not even an attempt to disguise there xenophobia, "that's the measure of a big club" they laughed.

And then they, and us, woke up this morning and saw the football landscape for what it truly is. And what it will continue to be for years, even generations, to come.

Ours.

We dont have an owner who wants the best team. We don't have an owner who wants the best club. We have an owner who wants (and will most definitely get) to completely change the face of the game and how it is run as well as the best team and club.

Today was one more step on that journey and to all those who laughed, and scorned, and ignored, and cheated in order to preserve their bent, immoral, corrupt hold on the game....

This is just the beginning. There is more to come. Your time is over.
That is such a great post. Love it.

Beats the fuck out of travelling to Plymouth in the back of a Transit with a beer and a banana hoping we'd get to the next round of the cup and a home tie against a big team like Ipswich!!!!!!

I need to look after my health, I want to be around for another 30odd years to enjoy the good times.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.