Player Topic: Kelechi Iheanacho (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will stick around in the summer if we change managers and see what happens with his playing time next season imo
He is being underused just when we need another striking option

Is this all a Pellegrini problem or a Man City problem? Mancini treated youth players very similarly a rarely gave them a proper shot.

I can't see him being given a fair crack of the whip unfortunately. He's obviously not going to displace Aguero and MP seems scared to put Bonys nose out of joint by playing Kelechi. That coupled with surely the purchase of a world class striker in the next few weeks means Kelechi won't see many minutes from now till the end of the season. And then he'll be pissed off at another season passing him by like several youngsters before him who have sought pastures new.

Shame really. I thought he could have at the very least come on at half time against Sunderland when we were 3-0 up.
He wasn't on bench that day.

Is this all a Pellegrini problem or a Man City problem? Mancini treated youth players very similarly a rarely gave them a proper shot.
Personally I don't think any of the youth players who were here under Mancini were really good enough for our requirements. Boyata was given a chance but seemed to lose his way after that red card - Trippier possibly but he had Micah and Zabba ahead of him when both were in good form. I see Kelechi being on a different level tbh and fully meriting more game time, especially with Bony not really impressing currently.

Personally I don't think any of the youth players who were here under Mancini were really good enough for our requirements. Boyata was given a chance but seemed to lose his way after that red card - Trippier possibly but he had Micah and Zabba ahead of him when both were in good form. I see Kelechi being on a different level tbh and fully meriting more game time, especially with Bony not really impressing currently.

True. Mancini really wasn't scared to make tough calls. If Pellegrini was our manager in 2010, Joe Hart wouldn't be at this football club. Pellegrini doesn't have a track record of giving young players a chance. I hope for the future of this club that we have a new manager at the end of the season. Kelechi needs a shot and I can just imagine if Jason was here this season, the uproar of Pellegrini snubbing Denayer for Demichelis.

Right, but I didn't specify what competitions the goals would be in.

I also don't care what I previously said about Silva as there was some truth to it. Maybe you should stop getting upset over a forum? If you don't like people having differing opinions then maybe you should remove yourself?

Guy, there's a difference between being contemptuous and being upset.

what are we doing with him ?? for a very talented youngster we aren't developing him at all, he's not going to get better or world class when he's not playing.
our whole youth policy at the minute is a joke. None of them are getting a chance, even with some of the talent we have. nacho isn't playing, roberts hasn't played at all and others like evans might be leaving. we might produce world class players in ten years, but if they aren't given a chance whats the point in the academy. nacho is good enough now and should be getting some games !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.