Player topic : Yaya Toure (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hatred or criticism? There's a difference you know.

Ignore the tiny number who talk of him abusively. The vast majority of critics laud his past achievements but question whether he should still be playing 90 minutes a game. And that is perfectly fair game for a football forum.

No chance. To blame Yaya letting players ghost past him unchallenged so regularly on the media is severe delusion. It's evident almost every single game. Criminal at times

Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne don't work that hard, especially away from home.

I've heard Yaya get the same shit while playing further forward despite him putting in 10 times the defensive work Silva does when played there.

We don't defend well as a team and Yaya is the scapegoat for it. He's included in the problem, but he isn't the only one.

Usually the sort who blame Yaya are the sort that think Sterling can't finish. It's that media brainwashing.

No chance. To blame Yaya letting players ghost past him unchallenged so regularly on the media is severe delusion. It's evident almost every single game. Criminal at times

I also noticed a lot of headers won at Leicester and tackles won at Watford.

I think Sit Baconface raises a fair point for debate about whether Yaya is a 90 minute player, especially when we are playing twice a week. This is also a challenge to Pellers to get the most out of the best midfielder in the Prem in recent years!

I think Sit Baconface raises a fair point for debate about whether Yaya is a 90 minute player, especially when we are playing twice a week. This is also a challenge to Pellers to get the most out of the best midfielder in the Prem in recent years!

Thank you, mate. Nobody could honestly deny he's been one of our most influential players EVER. Equally, it's clear he is past his peak and no longer able to contribute at that exalted level. So the issue is exactly that: how to manage his game to best effect.

Hatred or criticism? There's a difference you know.

Ignore the tiny number who talk of him abusively. The vast majority of critics laud his past achievements but question whether he should still be playing 90 minutes a game. And that is perfectly fair game for a football forum.
Exactly this. Say anything other than Yaya should play 90 minutes twice a week for 100% of our games on here & some try to kill you for it.

Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne don't work that hard, especially away from home.

I've heard Yaya get the same shit while playing further forward despite him putting in 10 times the defensive work Silva does when played there.

We don't defend well as a team and Yaya is the scapegoat for it. He's included in the problem, but he isn't the only one.

Usually the sort who blame Yaya are the sort that think Sterling can't finish. It's that media brainwashing.
What people won't talk about this year is how overall it is Silva and Aguero who have been with the exception of a few halves the weaker links (and I don't question their ability and realise it is fitness). So as they are untouchable and cannot ever be criticised everyone blames navas, sterling and Yaya who overall have done more this season than their superior colleagues. Now I think aguero will get fit and the Gil on Saturday will put him back head and shoulders above any striker in the country but it seems rather than bone aguero a fitness it is easier to blame Yaya. Aguero and silva will have a shock with Pep as they are going to have to work and press harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.